Website networx Recruitment Software Services
This Job Listing is about networx Recruitment Software Services in Bristol,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Great new opportunity for an Administrator (internally known as a Strategic Planning Assistant) to join our Customer Hub to support our Planning & Scheduling team based at our Head Office in Bristol.
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the Strategic Planning Team Leader, the Administrator will provide technical, administrative, analytical and customer service support to Network Operations.
Day to day you’ll be…
- Responsible for raising the relevant Works Orders in SAP and ensuring that data is transferred into the mobile working scheduling system (FFA).
- Responsible for dealing with customer queries, arranging appointments and dealing with complaints by telephone, in writing or via Water Service administration, through the Works Management System (WMS).
- Issuing Leakage notices and legal letters, arranging customer appointments, following waste of water procedures, arranging enforced repairs and disconnections, where required including updating WMS. Arranging rechecks and repairs in liaison with Network Managers and Inspectors.
- Process and monitor jobs raised by the billing company BWBSL,
- Administration of paperwork resulting from any work undertaken
- Responsible for issuing damage letters and collection of photographs for rechargeable work. Ensure that documentation is sent to the Finance department for invoicing
- Responsible for administrating all follow up work from the Network field Operators using the Field Force Automation (FFA) software and Works Management (SAP) system.
- Assisting with other processes within the section, including the scanning or operational paperwork, liaising with other stakeholders in Network and other internal/external stakeholders.
- Monitor/ manage the Network Admin inbox dealing with requests from internal/external customers and stakeholders.
What We’re Looking For…
Most of the technical requirements of the job will be taught once you start, but ideally you will have:
- Previous experience in a busy operational environment
- Previous experience working with both field based/ operational colleagues
- Be computer literate
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
Importantly, you will need to demonstrate our core values: TRUST, SUPPORT, ACCOUNTABILITY, RESPECT, PROFESSIONALISM, PRIDE and AMBITION.
What’s in it for you?
As well as a great opportunity to develop in a great company (yes we are biased), the role also offers:
- Up to 5% bonus opportunity
- 23 days holiday, plus bank holidays (you can also buy/ sell up to 5 days)
- Pension: We put in 8% if you put in 4%
- Access to flexible benefits and discounts via our portal
- Free onsite parking when you’re in the office
Why Bristol Water?
Bristol Water provides water to over a million customers in the Bristol area, this equates to over one thousand square miles and 264,000,000 litres of water supplied everyday!
Since 1846, we’ve been making people healthier and the economy stronger. We’ve served generations of families and will serve generations to come.
We don’t just give people water. We keep them healthy and help them grow. People are the reason we work around the clock and test our water hundreds of times every day.
We’re here to have a positive impact on people and the planet for generations. Without people, it’s just water. With water, families flourish, businesses grow, and people create.
We’re a morning cuppa, that well-deserved bubble bath (although we’d prefer a four-minute shower), and that cold Friday pint after a long week.
We’re full of colour, pride and spirit… just like our small patch of the planet.
We’ve been here for generations, we served your great-great-great grandparents (if they lived in Bristol, anyway).
Almost everyone who works here, also lives in the area.
We were born out of the needs of Bristolians and we’re still part of that today. So, we do what we do for ourselves, our families, our friends…our people.
Did you know we’re one of the smallest water companies in the UK, and we love it.
It means we’re closer to people and we can do the things that matter. Being small means we can be responsive. We punch above our weight, leading the way. We show others how it’s done and have big opportunities for our staff.
We’re in it together
We’re stronger when we work together. Our willingness and desire to collaborate is our secret to success.
We welcome applications from all individuals from all backgrounds, if you share our values, we’ll want to work with you to do good.
For the planet
We’re on a mission to save the planet from pollution and waste. We aim to make every bit of the environment we touch better.
Bristol Water. It’s What We’re Made Of.
Our purpose – To have a positive impact on society and the environment to build trust beyond water.
Bristol Water is committed to the welfare of our customers and expects all staff to share this commitment. All direct customer facing appointments are subject to a basic DBS check.