Website Network Rail
This Job Listing is about Network Rail in Basingstoke,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
We partner with our Network Rail routes and regions, delivering critical services and essential equipment to help get passengers and good to where they need to be. To find out more watch our video.
About Network Rail Training
We believe that excellent training and development is essential to our success. Skills, operations and leadership training – We have dedicated route and regional teams to manage local training plans. Our network of qualified trainers use their hands-on rail experience to deliver industry leading skills, operations and leadership training locally and through our dedicated development centres.
This post would is aimed to deliver a multi-faceted group of courses that range between the following areas of track engineering, On Track plant and portable and transportable plant. This post would require someone who has had experience and is competently skilled in the previously stated areas with the opportunity to develop further in these areas where required. The post will be ultilised to cover a variety of areas that are required within the track maintenanceenewal areas of the business and so knowledge and understanding of these practices and how they interact with one another is essential.
- Develop the proficiency of employees by inspirational delivery of technical, safety and vocational training interventions, using blended delivery skills (paced for the learner) and stimulating, high quality material in accordance with Network Rail standards, regulations & working instructions.
- Provide an exemplary level of learner-focused customer service to delegates, enhancing their enjoyment, motivation to learn, and value gained from the whole training experience.
- Actively foster a safety-first, “No-Unsafe-Acts” culture within employees and actively promote the Network Rail Values at every touch point. As an exemplar of best practice and professional attitude, drive Network Rail corporate messages & behavioural communications into the consciousness of employees. Without exception, always act safely; always promote safety awareness and always demonstrate clear compliance and belief in safety procedures.
- Continuously develop one’s own technical proficiency (including relevant in-date regulated competencies), knowledge and adult education capability. Confidently and actively demonstrate that capability in order to earn justified and obvious credibility amongst the delegate population.Continuously develop and improve the training material, assessment material, aids and equipment. Positively contribute to Content Review Groups and Skills Forums. Maintain the currency of all local training documentation and visual aids.
- Fairly assess the capability of delegates and provide them the facilitated opportunity to learn. Support the assessment and evaluation of training impact at course end and at appropriate post training intervals.
- Support the Workforce Development Manager with Training-Needs-Analysis, programme design, evaluation, team dynamics, centre performance and reputation. Demonstrating a flexible approach to the achievement of the objectives of Competence & Training (and Network Rail).
- Positively contribute to the continuous improvement of the Training Centres’ internal quality procedures and work instructions, demonstrating a personal commitment to continuous improvement.
- As a Network Rail Manager, always actively support, promote and enforce company processes, initiatives, messages, policies, whilst actively demonstrating managerial behaviours and values.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Thorough knowledge of the technical, safety or vocational capability relevant to the discipline of the role.
- Ability to affect a culture change
- Ability to motivate and inspire
- Ability to demonstrate the management capabilities of developing, thinking, achieving and inspiring
- What could set you apart
- An understanding of different learning styles
- Sound knowledge of rules, regulations and working instructions
- Displays attributes of a team player
- A background, experience or qualification in adult learning
Role Title: Workforce Development Specialist
Salary range: Band 4C, £41,711- £46,925 plus up to £5000 market supplement
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Basingstoke Training Centre
At Network rail you will have a clear development path, access to training and enjoy a range of employee benefits, such as; up to 28 days annual leave, rail subsidies, a range of pension options, flexible and agile working arrangements, discounts on shopping, gym memberships and much more.
Closing date: 30th September 2022
Click ‘apply for this job’ to apply. If you would like to speak the Resourcing Team please contact: [email protected] .
About The Company
We’re an organisation where people matter. We matter to millions.
Our role is to run a safe, reliable and efficient railway, serving customers and communities. We exist to get people and goods where they need to be and to support our country’s economic prosperity. Safety is our number one priority.
We’re undertaking an ambitious change. Our vision is Putting Passengers First – becoming a company that is on the side of passengers and freight users.
As one of the UK’s leading equal opportunities employers, our values and the way we behave is important to us and we have created an environment where we value and respect every individual’s unique contribution. We have seven employee networks that provide fantastic support, opportunities and development for applicants from all backgrounds. Click here for more information
Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd