Website Network Rail
This Job Listing is about Network Rail in Manchester,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
This role sits in Route Services, a business area that has been created to supply services to the routes in the safest, most cost-efficient and effective way, enabling them to benefit from economies of scale and optimised national resources.
Working in the Route Services IT Team, you will provide our customers with smart technology for the railway of today, designing fit-for-purpose and innovative solutions. Your vital work will help to manage the day-to-day running of our vast IT estate, from safety critical systems maintenance to hardware provision, supporting thousands of employees every day.
You’ll fulfil IT related service requests within Service Level Agreements and in accordance with the organisations policies and procedures. Identifying and contributing to continual service improvement initiatives that enhance quality and efficiency, and lead to increased customer satisfaction and user experience.
What will you be doing?
- Provide a friendly, fast and efficient service in the fulfilment of IT requests.
- Building and maintaining relationships with other teams within the support organisation.
- Maintaining high levels of personal/team productivity by actioning and resolving customer requests in accordance with defined Service Level Agreements.
- Achieve high levels of accuracy in updating callequests details on Help Desk tools in accordance with team processes and procedures.
- Adhere to escalation procedures, promptly allocating unresolved calls as appropriate.
- Recognise and escalate request trends to Team Leader to enable prompt escalation to Incident Management as appropriate.
- Pro-actively highlight gaps in processes, knowledge and tools to Team Leader.
- Provide high levels of customer service providing a consistently friendly, helpful and efficient service, so that customer satisfaction rates are maintained.
- Highly adaptable/flexible approach in order to achieve corporate goals and objectives.
The Ideal Candidate
Meet the essential criteria/ Apply today to join our team!
- Highly self-motivated, with the ability to concentrate on complex customer requests for significant periods of time.
- Previous knowledge and experience of working with Active Directory and Exchange.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to build rapport, engender customer confidence and increase customer satisfaction.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and achievement with awareness of how personal performance influences team spirit and service level attainment.
- Excellent keyboard and accuracy skills.
- Ability to work under pressure at times, both individually and as part of a team.
- Previous experience of software deployment tools.
- Knowledge of folder structures and security permissions inheritance.
- Awareness and application of security policies in relation to request fulfilment activities
- Aptitude for logical problem solving.
Who we are looking for?
We are committed to a diverse workplace enriched with representation from diverse cultures, backgrounds and skills. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where difference is embraced, and individuals can thrive. We recognise that the success of the team is dependent on a multi-cultural, multi-disciplined group of individuals, aligned to deliver successful solutions.
At Network Rail, we have a number of employee networks to reflect our diverse population and help to raise issues to the wider workforce and support their membership and support our Everybody Matters strategy, led by our central Diversity & Inclusion team. We have Diversity & Inclusion Champions who take part and lead on many activities, to drive through more initiatives to support an inclusive environment for all its people and promote a professional and positive working environment. For more information on Diversity & Inclusion at Network Rail, please follow this link
Vacancy Type: Full-time but flexible working patterns will be considered.
These positions are based in: Manchester Square One
Closing date: 22 September 2022
Band & Salary: Band 6 £18,000 – £21,000
At Network rail you will have a clear development path, access to training and enjoy a range of employee benefits, such as; up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rail subsidies, a range of pension options, flexible and agile working arrangements, discounts on shopping, gym memberships and much more.
About The Company
We’re an organisation where people matter. We matter to millions.
Our role is to run a safe, reliable and efficient railway, serving customers and communities. We exist to get people and goods where they need to be and to support our country’s economic prosperity. Safety is our number one priority.
We’re undertaking an ambitious change. Our vision is Putting Passengers First – becoming a company that is on the side of passengers and freight users.
As one of the UK’s leading equal opportunities employers, our values and the way we behave is important to us and we have created an environment where we value and respect every individual’s unique contribution. We have seven employee networks that provide fantastic support, opportunities and development for applicants from all backgrounds. Click here for more information
Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd