This Job Listing is about NCFE in NewcastleuponTyne,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Location: Hybrid (Head office: Quorum Business Park, Newcastle upon Tyne)
Hours per week: 37
Salary: U p to £23,000 per annum, depending on experience
Shape real change with an NCFE career
Imagine a career where your contributions affect not only what people learn, but the way that learning is developed and delivered. NCFE is a place where employees not only make a positive social impact – influencing the lives of thousands of learners – but where you will have the opportunity to influence the way we work and directly shape our future direction.
With over 170 years of education experience our core purpose remains at the heart of the organisation – to promote and advance learning to create a fairer, more inclusive society. We have built a high-performance workplace culture, backed by a strong set of values and behaviours, to ensure we’re working together as one organisation to make sure no learner is left behind.
About The Role
We’re excited to share that our Financial Services department is looking for a Credit Control Finance Assistant to join them. This would see you working in a role which plays an integral part in the day-to-day stability of NCFE, as strong credit control helps keep us safe and secure my minimising the risk of unpaid invoices and bad debt.
In this role, some of your key responsibilities would include:
- Chasing and recovering outstanding debt for the Group
- Monitoring payments and allocating cash receipts daily
- Inbox query resolution
- Working together with the team to ensure processes and ways of working are being followed
We’re Looking For Someone Who Has
- Recent experience working in a finance department
- GSCE’s in Maths and English
- Strong Excel Skills and good overall IT Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels and develop and maintain working relationships (including with external parties such as auditors)
- Good attention to detail and the ability to work accurately
- The ability to work in a fast-moving environment, providing accurate and timely information to a high standard
The Credit Control team are currently hybrid working, based in our head office (Quorum Business Park) on a Tuesday but this is subject to change and working requirements. The need for flexibility is therefore a must.
Read The Full Job Description
What will we offer you in return?
One of the biggest rewards of a career with NCFE is contributing to our promise to support the delivery of the highest possible quality learning experiences for our learners and for them to achieve the best possible outcomes as a result.
You will also have access to a fantastic range of employee benefits and support for your personal and professional development.
- Company Pension, employer’s contribution up to 9% when you contribute 3%
- Life Assurance (4 x basic salary)
- £200 personal development allowance per year
- £400 towards any NCFE accredited qualifications per year
- Two hours a month to spend on personal development
- Free learning resources on our in-house ‘Learning to Grow’ platform
We also support your health and wellbeing by giving all colleagues access to:
- A minimum of 25 days holiday per year, plus 8 bank holidays
- An additional 3 days off during the Christmas closure
- A flexible and hybrid approach to working to support a work-life balance
- Westfield Health Cash Plan worth up to the value of £635
- Fika - a mental fitness app
- Employee Assistance Programme - including a 24/7 confidential help line and counselling sessions
- Doctor Line - same day appointments
Want to know more about NCFE?
Take a look at our website https://www.ncfe.org.uk/
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) statement
Creating a fairer and more inclusive society is at the core of who we are at NCFE. We’re committed to building rich diversity into our workforce at all levels, to ensure that we understand and are representative of the communities and customers we serve.
We do not discriminate against anyone due to their gender, race, age, religion, beliefs, identity, social background, visible or hidden disability, or neurodiversity. Instead, we pride ourselves on our collaborative, vibrant and high-performance culture which embraces everyone, celebrates uniqueness, and enables everyone’s voice to be heard.
Our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion team works across our organisation to achieve this.
How To Apply
Ready to join us and shape real change? Apply with your CV if you have the commitment to excel in this position. We look forward to learning more about you.
Closing Date: Tuesday 4 October 2022