This listing is about Navisite in Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
About the job
At Navisite, celebrating our employees and investing in their well-being and development is not just a priority or an initiative – it’s woven directly into our company fabric. Our mantra and unofficial corporate hashtag #SoMuchGood is all about recognizing our team’s commitment and achievements, both inside and outside the office. It’s that theme that has driven a host of programs at Navisite – it’s who we are. What we do is simple: We work hard, we have fun, we give back to the community and we never take our eye off the goal – creating a modern cloud MSP with a global, talented team of employees. Join us and be part of our team!!
NOC Engineer – Glasgow
Navisite is looking for an IT support person to join their Glasgow team.
● Delivering high IT support service in line with targeted SLA’s with professional ticket handling in the company’s CRM system and excellent communication with end-users.
● Responsible for resolving problems or questions from Navisite customers worldwide:
o In a friendly way.
o With a professional approach.
o Explaining solutions to end-users in an understandable, non-technical, user friendly manner.
● To understand and support the service and the related technical environment, with the ability to quickly and accurately define and resolve technical problems.
● Responsible for daily activity management including activities covering:
o Backup services, raisingesolving issues with the backup jobs.
o Server security updates.
o Preventative maintenance and checks.
● Responsible for monitoring Velocity customer environments and reporting and investigating any resulting issues.
● Reviewing and implementing user, server and network change requests.
● Performing facilities related tasks.
● To strive for continuous learning and train for professional certifications.
● To perform other duties as required.
● Must hold an appropriate IT qualification, and/or (or be working towards) other professional certifications such as MCSA, CCNA etc.
● Good technical understanding and experience.
● Able to cope with multiple problems in a calm and professional manner.
● Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting (IP addressing, DHCP, DNS).
● Good verbal communication skills.
● Work well in a team and enjoy helping others.
● Friendly and approachable.
● Precision, professionalism, perfectionism, flexibility, passion for new technologies and a pragmatic approach.
● Flexibility in working hours is vital to this position:
o You will be required to work in a rotating shift pattern.
o In the event of a colleague being absent from work you may be requested to cover their shift at short notice.
● Working knowledge of ITIL processes.
● Knowledge of Veritas Backup Solution, Microsoft Office 365, Active Directory, Exchange Server, PC / Server
You must ensure that compliance with data protection legislation under the DPA, EU GDPR, any other applicable data protection legislation.
Navisite is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Navisite does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Internal Applicants – No sponsorship available / External Applicants – Sponsorship not guaranteed. Any potential sponsorship depends on a number of factors, including but not limited to the local candidate pool and can vary from year to year.
Job Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A