Website National Trust
This Job Listing is about National Trust in Blakeney,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
We’re looking for someone highly motivated, organised and enthusiastic to lead our day-to-day countryside management work at one of the country’s most important National Nature Reserves on the stunning North Norfolk Coast.
You’ll be in charge of a team of rangers at Blakeney, comprising an experienced Ranger, Assistant ranger and two very enthusiastic Apprentices. You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day management of this dynamic team. No two days will be the same be the same and the challenges will come thick and fast but everything you do will be set against a backdrop of stunning scenery and amazing wildlife.
You’ll play a key role in helping to shape our plans for managing Blakeney Freshes – an internationally important area of freshwater grazing marsh – and then lead the team to make it a reality. You’ll also take a lead role in the management of Friary Hills – an area of huge potential as grassland habitat with stunning views out over the coast.
You’ll also work closely with the Blakeney Point Ranger (Duncan Halpin), helping him to manage the internationally important tern colony in the summer and England’s largest grey seal colony in the winter.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Good people skills, so you can build strong relationships within your team and with local neighbours and stakeholders.
- Great leadership skills, so you can inspire your team, set clear objectives and help them develop and grow to achieve their own ambitions.
- Experience of managing budgets and contractors to deliver small projects
- An appreciation of the importance of health and safety legislation and the need for compliance in a countryside setting
- Experience of organising and delivering inspirational events that help build and strengthen visitors’ connection with nature and the outdoors.
- A good understanding of how to organise, motivate and reward volunteers