Website Mott MacDonald
This listing is about Mott MacDonald in Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Our Energy unit are currently recruiting a Mechanical Engineer to join us. You’ll provide technical and professional expertise as part of an enthusiastic project Mechanical team. You’ll design engineering solutions for mechanical engineering projects and act as Design Co-ordinator within a multi-disciplinary team made up of Mechanical, Civil, Control & Instrumentation and Electrical Engineers in the field of petrochemical pipework/pipeline design (mainly Natural Gas) on a by-project basis. As a Mechanical Engineer, you would:
- Operate as a design co-ordinator leading/managing a team of multi-disciplinary engineers working closely with Project Managers and discipline Team Leaders
- Preparation of detailed design reports/specifications/component datasheets
- Engineering calculations and approval of engineering reports, calculations drawings etc
- Instructing mechanical designers on issues such as plant layout and component specifications.
- Liaison with other engineering disciplines, clients and contractors
- Lead and attend design co-ordination meetings (internally and externally)
- Procurement/construction support
- Project documentation control
- Work closely with and provide professional advice on Mechanical Engineering matters to both internal and external clients
- Undertake own continuing professional development
- Operate in accordance with the corporate health and safety, environment and quality standards
- Work may require travel in the UK and/or abroad to offices and/or sites
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Chartered Engineer Status preferred/Working towards Chartered Engineer Status
- Proven track record of providing engineering design and consultancy services
- Knowledge of relevant codes, standards, and legislation, and experience of delivering work packages to a client
- Fluent written and verbal English
- Competent with MS Office suite of programs
- Ability to work on own initiative on technical and business matters and manage their own time
- Candidates must be British nationals and eligible to obtain security clearance
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we’re helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
We Can Offer
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at [email protected] and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
About Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
England – Midlands, England – Outer London
Mechanical, Oil and gas
Europe and Central Asia
Company: Mott MacDonald
Job Location: Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org