This Job Listing is about Even in London,England,UnitedKingdom 2022
About the job
Even’s mission is to End Generation Rent. With two million fewer young homeowners than there was a generation ago, this is no small feat. To tackle it, we’ve made the UK’s only interest-free equity loan to help first-time buyers onto the property ladder.
Even is the fairest solution for first-time buyers who are restricted by affordability. We can lend up to 2x their deposit, getting them into their first home sooner. We’re looking to add a new mortgage advisor to our team, so if you’re inspired by our mission, read on…
Our mortgage team are Even’s first point of contact with first-time buyers. With a customer satisfaction score of 4.8/5, we pride ourselves on delivering tailored, unbiased advice. We’re looking for a tenacious, smart and friendly advisor who is excited about the prospect of guiding first-time buyers through the entire purchase process, from initial enquiry to completion.
What you’ll be up to
Even is a regulated mortgage product, as such we have to advise on its suitability for first-time buyers looking for alternative solutions. As part of our customer facing team, you will be Even’s primary point of contact via phone and email.
You will be responsible for identifying suitable customers, educating them about Even and the broader homebuying process, and providing qualified advice on our second-charge equity loan.
Day-to-day you will:
- Make and take calls to explain all aspects of the product to potential customers
- Advise customers and brokers when Even is a suitable product for them or their clients
- Regularly check in with potential customers, ensuring they are informed and on track to purchase within the timeframe that is right for them
- Work with the wider team to help make improvements to our processes and products
(We currently only advise on our equity loan product however in the future we may advise on customers’ first-charge mortgage too.)
The right person
The perfect candidate will be:
- CeMap qualified with experience advising clients on mortgage products
- Able to consistently provide a 5* customer experience
- An excellent communicator who can easily explain Even to a green audience
- Numerate and detailed in explaining the financial elements of the products
- Thorough in collecting and recording customer information
- Organised and able to manage multiple client relationships simultaneously
- Invested in helping first-time buyers achieve their homeownership goals
- A diligent, hard worker and is up for the fun that comes with working at a start-up. We’re a small, but mighty team, so it’ll be all hands on deck!
What you’ll get
- Salary between £30k and £40k
- Generous options grant with further options awarded at reviews depending on performance.
- 4% employer pension contribution.
- Private health insurance with gym discounts & more.
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + extra day off for your birthday.
- Core hours of 10:30 to 17:00 on Tuesday and Thursdays in our central London office with flexibility to work either in office or remotely at any other time
- Work from abroad for up to 30 days per year
- £1,000 personal development budget per year.
- Sabbatical of 1 month paid and up to 2 months unpaid after 4 years
- Generous maternity package, 16 full weeks pay.
- Generous paternity package, 4 weeks paternity leave.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A