Website McCarthy Recruitment
This listing is about McCarthy Recruitment in Chester, England, United Kingdom
About the job
We are looking for an enthusiastic, trustworthy, and highly organised individual with a can-do attitude who isn’t afraid of a challenge and thrives within a lively, fast-paced environment.
Our client’s Senior Management team are passionate and dedicated individuals who continue to drive the business through growth and are therefore looking for a strong and capable Crew Chief who can bring leadership, organisation, and direction to their day-to-day roles. You will need to be able to work on your own initiative.
Your enthusiastic and energetic approach coupled with your ability to prioritise at pace will ensure your success. You will manage a crew of 8-10 following health and safety procedures and ensuring customer satisfaction is at the heart of everything you do.
This is not a typical 9-5 job. Early starts and long days are the norm during peak season. Availability to work weekends is an integral part of the job. There is a possibility of overnight stays, for which accommodation will be provided.
- Experience in marquee construction industry
- Knowledge and understanding of all the trades required on site, the codes of practice relating to them and the requirements for them, to be able to quality control works ensuring that they are completed to the required standards
- Understanding and able to apply health and safety and security requirements
- Commercial approach, identifies cost savings, understands budget issues
- The ability to provide structure, organisation, and direction to a crew team
- An energetic and positive personality with the ability to challenge and think pro-actively
- Energetic, passionate, and a keenness to improve systems and efficiencies
- Strong organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work at a fast pace and remain calm under pressure
- The ability to think pro-actively and make decisions on your own initiative
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- A focused attitude towards workload, with the ability to prioritise and deliver under pressure
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- A passion to deliver against deadlines.
The Role And Key Responsibilities
- Manage a team of marquee supervisor riggers and Seasonal Riggers on site
- To build and deconstruct marquee structures at designated site locations and ensure that all tasks are delegated accurately to ensure efficient and professional set up and take down
- Staff are kept motivated to work efficiently and keep a positive attitude
- Procedures are being always followed
- Build (and dismantle) deadlines are met
- Health and safety rules are observed
- To provide team briefings prior to any jobs commencing and debriefing meetings following every dismantle
- To be the first point of contact for all marquee supervisor riggers and Seasonal Riggers in relation to any queries, personnel issues and complaints
- Make sure all equipment and vehicles are always treated with respect
- To keep the Operations Manager informed when on a designated job, including if delayed on route and expecting to arrive late, or if work is running behind schedule
- To take overall responsibility of the quality of the instillation/dismantle of the marquee and relevant finishing/accessories
- To liaise with client on site and ensure the delivery note (and all other paperwork is signed before departure)
- To be part of an ‘on call’ rota with other Site Managers and marquee supervisor riggers for emergencies
- Ensure the job is completed to company standard and customer is satisfied before leaving site (job checklist to be completed for all jobs)
- Before leaving site ensure that the site is left tidy and clear of obstructions or health and safety risks and the site completion checklist is filled in
- To ensure all equipment is collected up and accounted for on dismantle, and the returns paperwork is completed
- To assist other team members when appropriate for the benefit of the company
- Taking on additional responsibilities such as refurbishing equipment, cleaning, re-organising etc in quieter period
- In certain weathers conditions the products are vulnerable and you will be expected on the rare occasion, to turn out, night or day
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Nantwich, Crewe, Liverpool, Warrington, Deeside, Wrexham, Runcorn, Widnes, Manchester, Wigan
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, an award-winning behavioural leadership recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with, our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict processing of your data please contact us at the office and we will respond to your query.
Company: McCarthy Recruitment
Job Location: Chester, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com