This Job Listing is about Matchtech in Leeds,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
I am recruiting for 2 Ecologist positions, for their Newport and Leeds offices. However, this is a business that champions hybrid working so I would urge people who are happy to commute to their office bases, to apply. I am also working on a variety of Ecology positions across the UK so please click apply for an informal chat about other roles.
This role offers a broad range of experience across multi-environmental disciplines and provides opportunities to support on a range of ecological surveys.
This role is split, with one aspect providing technical assistance on environmental aspects of projects and related activities in support of engineering and construction teams.
This Element Of The Role Will Require
- Undertaking high level screening assessments of environmental risks across a broad range of projects in the water industry
- Leading on the collation and reporting of environmental data monthly
- Accessing and providing data searches to project teams to support project delivery
- Supporting a team of Environmental Specialists to develop and update guidance documents, deliver environmental training, and develop factsheets and other communications to drive improvement in both environmental management and sustainability.
The Other Aspect Of The Role Will Focus On
- Supporting in undertaking ecological surveys; managing field data
- Supporting in the write up of technical reports
- Working as an Ecological Clerk of Work.
- Degree qualified in environmental/ecology related subject;
- Knowledge of relevant environmental legislation
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills
- Experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports;
- A keen interest in the water industry, the environment and ecology;
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, and work independently with minimal supervision;
- Strong team player who is self-motivated;
- Ability to manage own workload and work to deadlines;
- Ability to lead by example and to own issues.
Essential – Full, clean driving licence with a willingness and ability to travel and undertake fieldwork in the UK
- Member of Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management or equivalent (or working towards this)
- Experience in undertaking environmental/ecology surveys
- Working towards a Personal conservation licence for at least one protected species
- Experience of undertaking Ecological Clerk of Works roles.
- Willingness to mentor more junior staff