Website Markerstudy Insurance
This Job Listing is about Markerstudy Insurance in Portsmouth,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
To provide support to the Finance Project Manager, regarding management of external audits, key month end tasks and relevent processes in the Retail and Affinity Divisions to support our current deliverables as well as new deliverables as required.
In this role you will be working closely with the divisional Account Management teams and Operational SME’s as well as finance colleagues around the businesses and would have a key role in providing effective and timely financial management information and analysis.
The work environment is
Varied and Dynamic,
Fast moving always managing to change,
Opportunities to make a direct impact on the work performed, Challenging and interesting,
Supportive and friendly,
Lots of opportunities for success,
Involves some travelling within the UK
- Manage the year end audit process, being the key point of contact for the division, ensuring requests made from the audit team are provided within SLA.
- Complete reconciliation, review and variance analysis of monthly balance sheets.
- Exception reporting and investigation.
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting, including involvement in key month end deliverables.
- Monitor and analyse variances on balances held in the general ledger and investigate queries with relevant areas of the business.
- Reviewing accounting completed as part of monthly cycle.
- Act as finance lead for finance projects as appropriate, including attending project meetings and liaising with other areas of the wider team to provide insight to the project and then provide support to complete implementation.
- Production of monthly reporting packages.
- Ensure both internal and external deadlines are met and that work is managed to a satisfactory level.
- Communicating with non-finance people on a regular basis.
- Maintain timely and appropriate communication with all relevant staff.
- Undertake other reasonable responsibilities and assist other members of the team as instructed by their line manager.
- Although this role is based in Portsmouth UK, there may be site visits involving some travel within the UK.
- Where applicable, to adhere to Company processes with regard to FCA compliance and Treating Customers Fairly.
- Where applicable, to ensure that DPA, FCA, TCF and other regulatory requirements are met.
- Finance & Accounting, part qualified (ACCA, CIMA) or similar
- Experience managing an external audit
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- General understanding of Insurance industry practices & principles
- Attention to detail, accuracy, presentation
- Strong team player
- Ability to manage own workload with multiple ongoing work streams
- Self-starter and independent
What are we doing to help us build a thriving, inclusive community?
Our ambition is to build a more diverse, equal and inclusive workplace for everyone and we have a mission statement in place to reinforce our commitment. However, that’s the easy part!
Our key challenges are…
- How we continue to nurture positive behaviours in our own culture to foster healthy, happy and collaborative colleagues where performance is recognised and differences celebrated.
- How we strive to build our own internal community to better reflect the diverse communities we serve.
To help us achieve this, we have recently established an employee network called #WeAreMarkerstudy – a body of proactive colleagues with diverse interests and experiences, who have volunteered themselves to be part of a driving force for positive change.
Change won’t happen overnight or without the support of our colleagues, but we are now in a good position to make realistic and manageable plans in order to see them flourish in the future.