This listing is about Maitland in Chelmsford, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Closing Date 2022/02/15
Reference Number MAI211104-3
Job Title Fund Accountant (UK Fund Expenses and Regulatory Reporting)
Business Unit Fund Services
Department 2 Traditional Funds UK
Team Traditional Funds UK
Job Type Classification Permanent
Location – Country United Kingdom
Location – Province Not Applicable
Location – Town / City Chelmsford
Job Advert Summary To provide support to the Fund Accounting team based in Chelmsford on the daily fund expenses processing as well as the production of regulatory reporting for UK Unit Trusts, OEIC’s and Investment Trusts, ensuring that all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time and with the agreed quality standards. The role’s working hours will be based on a UK business calendar and will require the individual to work on UK business days and within UK business hours
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in this sector and a minimum of bachelors degree;
- Experience in Fund NAV calculation and Fund reconciliations gained from within the financial services sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reconcile the Funds’ expenses on a monthly basis;
- Calculate/update expense accruals and posting necessary entries to clear cash breaks;
- Processing Fund of Funds Equalization and Excess Reporting Income entries;
- Respond to queries raised from Trustee/Depositary;
- Produce Quarterly and annual ONS returns;
- Produce Management Accounts
- Produce Fund Manager Statements and perform payments;
- Reconcile Renewal Commissions and make relevant payments;
- Produce the necessary transaction costs information for disclosure on the EMT and EPT standard industry template
- Completion of the monthly EMT and EPT standard industry templates for all clients
- Completion of the annual PRIIPS KIID reporting submission for all clients
- Calculate and raise invoices for ACD, Administration, Registrar and Management fees and any other adhoc fees
- To help and support the UK fund accounting team in any other administrative tasks
Skills and Competencies The individual will need to be self-motivated, conscientious and able to work to and meet tight deadlines as well as being able to ensure work is completed to a high standard.
- Strong attention to detail is essential.
- It is essential the candidate is reliable and flexible as far as working hours are required.
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate well at all levels both internally and externally.
- Excellent computer skills, in particular Excel, are an essential requirement.
Job Location: Chelmsford, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com