This Job Listing is about Mace in Bridgwater,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
At Mace, we see every challenge as an opportunity to dream bigger and bring our ambitions to life. We believe our only limits are the ones we give ourselves.
Since day one we have relentlessly pursued a better way. We were founded out of a belief that the industry could be more efficient, innovative and responsible and over the last 30 years Mace has built a reputation and track record for delivering projects faster, safer and better than ever before.
Our four engines, develop, consult, construct and operate, connect expertise across the entire property and infrastructure lifecycle to help our clients, people, communities and society achieve more than they believe possible.
Project: The construction of a new nuclear plant in Somerset, 15 miles from Bridgwater, currently one of the largest infrastructure projects in Europe.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Execution of all the duties of the role as described under the NEC contract, extending to all construction and related activities, and collaborating with other identified project and external stakeholders.
- Day to day management of a number of direct reports including recruitment as necessary and ensuring that team develops the relevant skills, qualification, and training for project success as well as performance objective setting and reviews
- Inputting into site wide management issues where a high level of interaction and coordination with other operational members of the site wide team will be required.
- Acting in the interest of the project / principal contractor: Working with contractors and other members of the delivery and technical organisations to deliver work right first time, on time, every time.
- Coordinating the work within the team to minimise overlap and maximise efficiency, targeting project resources where they have the most added value.
- Effective planning of forward activities, managing medium and long-term resourcing plans in conjunction with other project stakeholders.
- Proactively communicate and build relationships with other project stakeholders
- Reporting of requested information including weekly and monthly submissions as well as issuing and maintaining Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) whilst escalating relevant information which could affect quality, safety, schedule or cost performance.
- Supporting team instructions to mitigate as necessary and keep works safe and within Quality standards. Follow up by taking appropriate and proportionate action.
- Ensuring clear, two-way communication with Line Manager so that all activity is directed appropriately.
- Ensuring adherence to and suggest enhancements and improvements to company policies, procedures and protocols for construction, quality, health and safety, and other functions.
- As required, plan NEC supervisor duties for individual works sections in support of the work in specific sections of the works and be responsible for the detailed planning and implementation, in collaboration with the rest of the project team.
You have qualifications in mechanical engineering, metallurgy and/or a similar discipline with extensive experience of application to complex build programmes along with extensive experience in the delivery of large, complex projects with challenging requirements. Nuclear experience is particularly relevant although applicants with experience in other highly regulated environments may be considered.