This listing is about Leonardo in Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
About the job
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection, and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are a continually expanding company, offering exciting opportunities to talented individuals who want to work at the forefront of technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
Leonardo’s Graduate Development Programme offers you a permanent position to develop your knowledge and skills in our innovative and practical environment. In addition to working with our highly skilled engineers and business professionals, you will complete a 2 year formal training programme to develop the skills you require to be a leading technical or business professional of the future.
Our 2 year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will be provided with a wealth of development opportunities in both virtual and applied working environments. On our programme you will engage with challenging and exciting project work, and deliver innovative business or technical solutions as part of a team of subject matter experts. Throughout the programme you will receive coaching and support from your team to achieve your objectives as well as your personal development goals.
You will gain a wide array of experience in your day to day role, however as part of the programme you will also complete a number of development modules and activities over a two year period. These modules and activities are designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills required to realise your full potential. Leonardo is committed to developing our graduates into leading technical or business professionals, and as such we will also support you through your preferred route for chartership.
At Leonardo we value individuals who continuously demonstrate a dedication to their personal development, and this is no different for our graduates completing our Graduate Development Programme. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are willing to take on a challenge to fill our graduate roles, and we will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges. If you are willing able to commit to giving your best performance, you will find Leonardo a very rewarding place to work!
What you will do
This is a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate or someone with 1-2 years’ experience to learn from a talented team, working on an exciting and diverse range of creative projects.
- Work within the Communications team to create engaging content for a variety of media.
- Contributing toward integrated campaigns, video production as well as presentations, reports and ad hoc designs jobs.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Create high impact, aspirational communication content for campaigns, events and online digital
- Generate high quality moving image content appropriate for all multimedia platforms
- Use video, photographic and audio equipment in live performances and staged events
- Act as a Brand Champion, ensuring adherence to corporate branding guidelines for all content
- Develop the role, be a team player and provide continuous support to the company
How will we support you?
We want to support you and encourage you to fulfil your potential through
- Competitive starting salary & relocation allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Accelerated graduate performance reviews
- Generous holiday entitlement and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare options
- Employee discounts with selected suppliers (including gym membership)
- Discounted coffee bar & restaurants at each site
- Free on-site parking
To find out about all of our Company benefits please visit
What we are looking for
Please note that in order to apply for this opportunity you must be eligible for UK Security Clearance. Normally this is to the level of Security Check (typically known as “SC”) for our business.
All of our roles require (a) a minimum of an upper Second class Bachelors/Integrated Masters degree, or (b) a higher degree, such as a MSc or PhD. In all cases the subject should be computing.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and evidence of practical experience with modern camera technology and IT
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, in particular Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Brilliant communication skills
- Proactive and aware of emerging trends and technologies, ensuring that the business content is always at the forefront of new technical development
- Knowledge of audio editing using Adobe Audition
- Competent at using Microsoft Office
- Ability to build and animate PowerPoint presentations
- Familiar with using 3D Design software and file types
What are you waiting for?
Leonardo is one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD, come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around!
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com