This listing is about Kienbaum in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Our client is a publicly traded e-commerce fashion retailer with a market leading position in online fashion and lifestyle in growth markets. The company connects over 10,000 global, local and own fashion brands to a market of more than one billion customers via its established regional companies.
The company’s services are divided into a retail and a marketplace division and therewith is the only company offering flexible models and solutions for the digital distribution of fashion and lifestyle brands in growth markets.
Our client’s reported net revenue is approx. € 1,4 billion (FY2020) and employs more than 13,000 people.
The General Counsel & Company Secretary of our client is headquartered in London, UK, and oversees the Legal, Governance, Risk and Compliances activities that spread across various locations. We are now searching for a top talent to take overall responsibility for Corporate Governance (CG) and to provide quality control over work in this regard that is submitted internally and externally. Furthermore, this role would also support the company to communicate and publicize its ESG agenda with external stakeholders.
Director of Corporate Governance (m|f|x)
- Oversees and contributes to the preparation of the Boards and Committees meetings (quarterly and ad hoc)
- Quality Controls all Board and Committee meeting material submissions and Minutes
- Defines the annual Corporate Calendar and Annual Rolling Agenda and Quarterly Agendas for Board and Committee meetings
- Ensures compliance with governing regulations (e.g. listed company, DE code, Shareholder rights
- Analyses trends and regulatory development in Corporate Governance (CG) and ESG matters to develop insights for continuous improvement of the company’s practices and Early Warning System for the Board / Committees
- Manages the development of the full qualitative and quantitative CG/ / ESG report planning
- Analyses investor & market sentiment to develop and understanding of key topics of interests / priorities for CG / ESG roadshow presentations and investor talking points
- Consults / develops a relationship with CG / ESG Rating agencies to deliver key messages and updates
- Creates a data analytics model for quantitative CG/ESG reporting around the CG/ESG framework
Technical and personal requirements & competencies:
- Fully qualified legal counsel with successful second State exam (Volljurist:in) or comparable qualification
- Expertise in in capital markets law and Corporate Governance
- Prior experience with two-tier governance in a publicly listed company
- Preferably with ESG knowledge
- Business fluent in German
- Able to influence colleagues and stakeholders at the highest levels
- Leadership experience (management of a team of 2-3 employees)
- Deep curiosity for learning new things and broadening the own horizon
- Able to take in and process large amounts of information
- High integrity, trustworthy, keeping confidential information confidential
- Analytical and innovative thinking
- Complex problem solving
- Ability to think and analyse from a critical angle
- Cross-over of operational and intellectual capacity
- Digital literacy
- Resilience, stress tolerance and flexibility
- Strong attention to detail
- Write and communicate in a clear and concise manner
Reporting line and other details:
- The position has a reporting line to the General Counsel and Company Secretary
- The incumbent will lead a team of approx. 1-2 persons
- The job is based in London. A hybrid working model would be possible
- A competitive salary package with a base and variable component
For further information, please contact Bernhard Walter or Anna-Maria Karl (+49 89 45 87 78-72) Absolute discretion and confidentiality are guaranteed.
Please apply via our Kienbaum jobs portal and upload your application documents (cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates as well as your salary expectations and possible starting date) quoting the reference number 20435.
You can find information about our data protection policy under:
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A