Website Jobs via eFinancialCareers
This listing is about Jobs via eFinancialCareers in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
This Finance Director with the CEO and enhance their existing processes. This person must have worked on all areas of the Front Office and has experience in risk and control operational matters and implementing risk strategies from a trading perspective. This firm is a no political business, and this position is for someone who wants has the ability to lead manage and take the firm to great success.
- Ownership of the front office Operational Risk Framework and building upon the existing processes to enhance and further embed the culture and governance pertaining to operational risk within the business
- Monitoring the administrators and leading the NAV and audit process; – Fund of Hedge Fund and Single Manager Hedge Funds, weekly and monthly NAVs
- Risk i.e trading aspect, management of the risk of the positioning of trades, trading risk and controls, and measurements and limits
- Understanding of middle office products and compliance and overall business operations
- Identifying how risks are managed and appropriate policies are implemented throughout the Company. Assist the lines of business with analysis, expertise, and problem solving as well as providing oversight.
- Understanding of front, middle and back-office controls
- Understanding risk and compliance from a trading perspective
- Business risk identification and mitigation
- Proficient with the practices, policies, and procedures of a rapidly expanding business
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Design and implement operational strategies, plans, and procedures
- Identify, assess and report on operational risk controls and indicators in line with existing regulations and preparing for future changes.
- Capture and evaluate Emerging Risks and build on existing processes to develop and enhance our Emerging Risk models
- Work closely with the Quants, Risk, Treasury IT Department regarding Risk Assessments, Business Continuity Frameworks, Data Protection, etc.
- Join the team for all regulatory meetings/SREP
- Risk identification, assessment, and management – including gap analysis and action plans
- Consolidate and provide analysis of key risks and collate/validate internal loss data
- Strong academic accountant and degree qualified from within a financial-based discipline
- Working towards or new qualified ACCA, CIMA or ACA
- Additional IAQ / IMC beneficial
- A number of years experience in a similar role – Hedge Fund, Investment Manager, Fund Administrator.
- Product exposure across various instruments (Equities, Fixed Income, Derivative, FX)
- Strong IT skills, notably in Excel/ VBA with strong automation skills. Database skills useful.
- Attention to detail is of paramount importance
- Strong communication skills
- An understanding of the product life cycle of transactions entered into by the Funds.
Location: London City
Salary: £ Negotiable + Bonus + benefits
REFER A FRIEND
If you’re interested in this opportunity, forward you’re CV ASAP. Alternatively, if you would like to know more information or have a confidential discussion please contact Shanaz Rob – call on +44 (0)203 603 4474 or i[email protected] for more details
Company: Jobs via eFinancialCareers
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com