Website Jobs via eFinancialCareers
This listing is about Jobs via eFinancialCareers in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
- Opportunity to develop a new function as part of an agile, commercial business
- Managing Risk, Compliance and AML in a leading property consultancy
About Our Client
Allsop LLP is the UK’s leading independent property consultancy. To many, they are best known as the UK’s largest and most successful property auction house, but their reach is considerably wider!
As a limited liability partnership with 18 partners, they offer an extensive range of consultancy services for residential, commercial and mixed use property. As a market leading consultancy, their advice is used to support businesses and individuals alike, and remains a reassuringly constant source of intelligent market knowledge, insight and expertise.
Allsop’s people first approach goes back to 1921 when they appointed the first female partner of a UK property agency. Allsop LLP have since continuously recognised the importance of helping individuals achieve to their career aspirations, which is why career development and training are so important to them: they ensure that every member of their team has the expert knowledge and skills required to provide a first-class service to our clients.
As a business and as an employer, Allsop LLP are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion. They have a friendly and non-bureaucratic culture where they encourage open communication and collaborative working.
- Implement and embed the firm’s new Risk Management Policy and Procedures.
- Ensure consistent understanding of key risks.
- Lead on the effective management of risk in line with the businesses risk appetite.
- Provide regular reports to the firm’s Risk Management Committee, Operations Board and Managing Board on risk management, assurance and compliance activities and the application of the Risk Management Framework.
- Lead on the provision of training to Risk Champions and ensure understanding of their responsibilities regarding the practical application of the Risk Management Policy and Procedures.
- Facilitate risk workshops to guide and challenge the business to ensure the ongoing development, review and update of risk registers.
- Take ownership of the compliance function within Allsop. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring appropriate coverage of Anti-Money Laundering, GDPR, Health & Safety, Anti-Bribery & Corruption and Modern Slavery.
- Lead and develop the firm’s Anti-Money Laundering Policy, including overseeing day to day activities of the AML administration team and acting as the firm’s Money Laundering Compliance Officer.
- Horizon scan for relevant regulatory changes, business developments, internal policies, and best practice.
- Ensure that the RICS Principal Officer is supported in their role and ensure compliance with all RICS professional standards.
- Develop and enforce the firm’s data protection policies and act as the Data Privacy Officer, working closely with the business and IT team.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven background in risk management and/or compliance (internal audit/assurance experience may be considered)
- Proven experience in designing and / or implementing a risk management framework.
- Specific experience of Anti-Money Laundering in a regulated environment.
- Experience of operating at a Head of / Manager level as a recent position
- Ability to lead from the front in order to drive behavioural business change
- Desire to work in collaboration with colleagues and the wider business.
- A commercial approach to risk and compliance to ensure appropriate actions are applied.
- Proven operational & management skills in an evolving organisation.
- Proven ability to manage a small team
What’s On Offer
- Unique proposition where the successful applicant will be empowered to design and embed risk management in a greenfield site.
- An opportunity to ensure that they are addressing anti-money laundering for the firm.
- An opportunity for learning and development opportunities with the scope for the successful applicant to, in-time, build out the function, as appropriate for the needs of the business.
- A people first business who are embracing diversity and creating an inclusive culture for all.
- Many of their employees are long-standing and this role offers the chance to be part of a commercial and agile business where you can design your own career.
- Based in London (City & West-End) with occasional trips to Leeds.
- Competitive base salary with a 5-10% discretionary bonus and other additional benefits.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Company: Jobs via eFinancialCareers
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com