This listing is about Jacobs in Somerset, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
About the job
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Energy, Security & Technology
Your mission is our mission.
We’re invested in you and your success. Everything we do – whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications – is more than just a project. It’s our challenge as human beings, too. That’s why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It’s our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world’s greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
Key Responsibilities Include
The Source Inspector is required to support the manufacture of Mechanical, Electrical & HVAC (MEH) items supplied to the Hinckley Point C (HPC) construction site through appropriate methods of inspection and supplier oversight in support of the project quality requirements.
- Performing in-house witnessing as required by the supplier Inspection and Test Plans to meet MEH programme demand, working to project deadlines and targets.
- Recording results for inspections undertaken, highlighting any non-conformance and accepting or rejecting finished items as required
- Liaison with the Quality Management Leads to ensure appropriate levels of surveillance are deployed and support the development of the NNB Surveillance plan
- Work alongside the supplier inspection function to ensure all contracted requirements have been met.
- Review supplier quality records to allow the quality release certificate to be signed enabling product to be released to site.
- Performing daily inspections, completing checklists and producing weekly summary reports.
- To be familiar with the Scope of Work, the Contract Specifications and appropriate National / International Standards, the drawings and the procedures.
- Raise and monitor non-conformance documentation as required during source inspection activity.
- To carry out any other inspection duties as requested by, and agreed with the BIS Manager.
Here’s What You’ll Need
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Qualifications in an Engineering discipline, ONC / HNC / HND (or equivalent experience).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Quality Inspector in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of working to UK and international standards and codes of practice for the UK Nuclear sector.
- Holds either CSWIP, PCN, NACE/FROSIO certification.
- Major Project Experience.
- Nuclear Experience beneficial.
- Welding, Coating or NDT experience beneficial.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.
Job Reference ID CMS000343
Job Location: Somerset, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org