Website MMR Research
This Job Listing is about MMR Research in London, England, United Kingdom 2022
Are you an experienced IT Support Engineer? Can you be the face of our IT Team? If so, MMR Research Worldwide has the opportunity for you!
MMR is an independent, global consumer and sensory research agency specialising in food, drink, personal and household care research. We work with well-known brands to help create, shape and develop products and packs.
We are global leaders, guiding innovation for our clients – partnering with over 50% of the top 100 global food and drink brands. Our head office is in a beautiful 18th century barn in Wallingford – a picturesque village in between Oxford and Reading. We also have offices in London, New York, Shanghai, Singapore, Mumbai, Sao Paulo and Durban.
Our team in Wallingford provide fully featured IT services to our users, both in the UK and across the globe. We’re growing our team and searching for Support Engineer to help us to provide a first-class service.
Purpose of the role:
As a Support Engineer, you will be the face of IT for the business. You will be responsible for the smooth operations and running of IT support, IT Hardware and software for the business. Working from MMR local offices. Must have a proven track record of working within a team along with other Support Engineers and assisting senior members of the team with ad-hoc tasks as required. The team has a relatively flat hierarchy which means we all involved in every task.
Here comes the detail:
- Resolving support requests that reach the department via helpdesk portal, email, phone and face to face in a timely manner.
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues
- Managing IT helpdesk Tickets to make sure that all SLA’s met, escalate tickets to 3rd Line support and Helpdesk Supervisor when required
- Work with the HR department to ensure new starters accounts, laptops and software are setup, installed and tested ready for the new person starting. Disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR requirements
- Raising support calls with 3rd party providers for both software and hardware related issues.
- Seeking new and innovative ways to overcome reoccurring issues.
- Trailing and testing new software as part of solutions projects for the business.
- Assisting other support engineers with support queries, as part of the fresh pair of eyes initiative.
- Assisting senior members of the team with Ad-hoc tasks to develop skills in more technical aspects of the team’s remit.
- Ensuring Laptops and other IT hardware is kept updated and secured to comply with our security policy and contracts with our clients.
- Supporting Citrix Virtual desktop users and resolving connection issues
- Completing internal user moves
- Patching and testing network ports in our offices as required.
- Ensuring patched ports are joined to the correct VLAN depending on the device they terminate to.
- Monitoring Veeam / SolarWinds Daily backups
- Monitoring and resolving Sophos Central endpoint warning / issues.
- Managing / maintaining / monitoring 3CX PBX
- Servers / workstation windows update maintenance
- Manage and maintain company IT related documentations.
- Managing and maintaining company online systems such as. CRM aCloud / Access Dimensions / Finance Systems
- Manage and maintain company mobile phone systems.
- Managing and maintaining MMR group Phone system
- Laptop builds for new starters.
- Proactively replacing IT equipment as per our hardware refresh policy.
- Managing the departments stock of laptops and other IT hardware, gathering quotes and placing orders for equipment as required.
- Administration task to do with Compliance / GDPR / SILO tasks
- Taking assigned tasks from IT projects and seeing them through to completion. Asking questions and shadowing senior members of the team as required.
- Assist in developing project plans, assigning tasks and project timings.
What we’ll be looking for:
Key Technical Skills (Required)
- Strong knowledge of the Windows Operating Systems – Windows 10.
- Solid understanding of computer hardware – what function components serve and how it goes together and comes apart.
- Experience Setting up and troubleshooting docking stations, monitors & Peripherals.
- Previous experience managing a Windows Active Directory / Azure environment.
- Basic understanding of network topology – Switches, Firewalls, Access Points & Servers.
- Good Knowledge of IPV4, DHCP & DNS.
- Confident setting up & troubleshooting Android and iPhone/iPad devices.
- Proven experience in an Active Directory environment, performing daily tasks such as user setup, management and other maintenance tasks.
MMR Research Worldwide is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Company: MMR Research
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A