This listing is about IBM in Buffalo, NY
About the job
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
DevOps is the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that increases an
organization’s ability to deliver applications and services at high velocity: evolving and improving
products at a faster pace than organizations using traditional software development and
infrastructure management processes. This speed enables organizations to better serve their
customers and compete more effectively in the market.
- The DevOps Engineer engages in a wide variety of cloud migration and cloud adoption
- projects using the DevOps model.
- Works in Agile, collaborative environment to build, deploy, configure, and maintain systems,
- which may include software installations, updates, and core services
- Manage problem identification, system architecture definition, software specification and
- design, implementation, testing, customer training, and deployment of open source solutions
- Works with development teams to enable a continuous integration environment that sustains
- high productivity levels and emphasizes defect prevention techniques
- Ability to automate test and deploy the code and monitor
- Work in close coordination with the development and operations team such that the
- application is in line with performance according to the customer’s expectation
- Drive corrective and preventive actions to close incidents
- Build common tooling to solve problems, automate and ensure problems are not repeated
The successful candidates for this position will become members of our Client Innovation Team. You will work closely across the CIC network to delight our customers with leading edge solutions with a keen focus on quality and client satisfaction. In addition to strong collaboration across the team, you will be virtually integrated into our deep learning and knowledge program as well as employee engagement across NA. All resources in our CIC network may be requested to travel depending on specific client project needs. US Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and client relationship building at the client site, as well as subsequent travel for key milestones or project initiatives. Travel is generally no more than 50% of the time.
Preferred locations: Buffalo, NY or within 300 miles of Buffalo, NY.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Linux – RHEL or similar, Debian or similar, other distributions
- Networking – at least basic understanding of TCP/IP understanding, NAT, DNS
- Virtualization – experience using hypervisors
- Cloud – depending on the client, good to know at least one Cloud Provider (services, API interaction etc.)
- Scripting: at least bash, others are welcome (python, ruby etc.)
- CI: Git as SCM, Jenkins or similar CI/CD tool, experience working with build tools (maven, ant etc.)
- Monitoring and logging: experience with centralized monitoring and centralized logging solutions
- Containers and orchestration: experience working with containers (Docker or similar container runtime engines) and orchestration tools (Kubernetes, OpenShift or similar)
- Knowledge of Openshift specifics, differences compared to native Kubernetes or other orchestration solutions on top of Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Infrastructure Deployment strategies (default and additional components)
- Knowledge of patching and update strategies for Openshift
- Openshift Source2Image knowledge
- Travel may be required up to 25%
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
Previous experience in a similar field.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
This job requires you to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated prior to your start date, where legally permissible. Proof of vaccination status will be required. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical, pregnancy or religious reasons, we offer accommodations in accordance with applicable law.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job Location: Buffalo, NY
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org