Website IAM Cloud
This listing is about IAM Cloud in United Kingdom
About the job
From simple utilities and add-ons to powerful fully-featured platforms, we love creating software that solves painful problems. Our products are designed to make managing IT in the cloud simple and enjoyable. Fully employee-owned, IAM Cloud is not like most VC-backed SaaS companies who relentlessly hack their way to growth. We go in our own direction, grow at our own pace, and put customers, not investors, at the top of our priority list.
Our main aim is to create a company that works for us, rather than feeling like we’re working for it. We’re flexible and adaptive to the needs of our employees in any way we can be. We’re a compact team, but we’re creative, experimental and extremely ambitious. We’re bootstrapped, but as a group of around 35 people we sell our products to over 1000 organisations all over the world. And we’re just getting started.
Working closely with senior management, Ops, Development and Testing teams, you will be partnering with our software developers to deploy and operate solutions, automate and streamline processes, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitor IT operations, and troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, quality assurance, user acceptance testing, and production environments.
We are a small team, and everyone has a broad remit. What is important is that you are a self-starter who can confidently work autonomously, as well as closely within a team. We are also a remote-working company. The ability to work comfortably, safely, happily and productively at home is essential for thriving in this role.
- Work with Azure DevOps to provide a continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) process to build and deploy to our Azure cloud environments.
- Contribute to and demonstrate ownership over major components of our infrastructure in Azure, taking responsibility for their maintenance and improvement over time.
- Build infrastructure & systems that provide high levels of scalability, reliability, and performance for our applications, while balancing security, maintainability, and operational excellence.
- Improve operational efficiency through automation and deployment using tools such as ARM, Bicep and Powershell or development of new tools.
- Analyse complex system behaviour, performance and application issues.
- Develop monitoring solutions and analysis across multiple cloud regions.
- Identify changes for the product architecture from the reliability, performance, and availability perspective with a data driven approach.
- Troubleshoot and identify issues across the cloud engineering stack and ensure these are repeatable processes to resolve in future.
- Continuously research improved ways of working and new technologies to evolve the platform and keep it current with modern software development practices.
- Participate in operational on-call support rotations to triage and resolve issues and requests.
Experience & Skills
We’re looking for someone with a drive and passion for technology and designing first-class cloud infrastructure. You’ll need experience of the following:
- Knowledge of DevOps practices and approaches, from observability to reliability.
- Thorough knowledge of configuring and managing Azure cloud infrastructure through infrastructure as code using tools such as ARM or Bicep.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines such as Azure DevOps.
- Fluent PowerShell scripting with experience implementing automation and monitoring using shell scripting and other related tools.
- Good understanding of DNS, HTTP(S), networking routing, frontdoor and firewalls.
- Good understanding of Azure SQL and able to demonstrate basic SQL querying to assist with troubleshooting.
- Ability to swiftly diagnose problems, including troubleshooting, defect fixing and change implementation as required in multi-regional and highly available environments.
- Be able to identify workflow and job pipeline characteristics and tune the ecosystem to support high performance and scalability, from the infrastructure platform through to the application layers in the ecosystem.
- Ability to pick up new technologies and ecosystem components quickly, and establish their relevance, architecture and integration with existing systems.
- Technical troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Experience in a high-volume or business-critical production service environment.
- Performance monitoring/tuning, troubleshooting, and production operations.
- Promotes innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-the-box thinking, and self-organisation.
But more than any specific skill, it is essential that you are passionate and take great pride in what you do. You should be an avid learner, curious and hungry to explore new things. We offer 26 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, your birthday and work anniversary off work, fully remote, flexible working and the equipment needed to do so. We are also planning to launch a number of new benefits in 2022 including employee wellbeing support and engagement initiatives.
Please note that we are not working with recruitment agencies.
Company: IAM Cloud
Job Location: United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A