This Job Listing is about HSBC in Sutton,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Business Specialist – Small Businesses Commercial Banking
Salary: £24k per annum*
Some Employers prize diversity more than others
If you’re looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
In Small Business Banking we have over 800 employees who look after more than 820,000 domestic and international small business customers. We are proud to be the incubator for both our customers and our people, supporting them both at the start of their journeys. Our ambition is to help our clients to ‘build back better’ and create a stronger, more resilient and sustainable economy. SBB is continually evolving, with a significant focus on digital adoption and inclusion. This further promotes our customer centric approach, through the embracing of technology, demonstration of digital servicing solutions and the raising of customer awareness.
As the Commercial Banking segment with the largest customer portfolio our colleagues champion and lead change, supporting and implementing initiatives such as our recently implemented Digital Customer Exchanges and our popular Small Business Pop Up Weeks.
Small Business Banking is absolutely central to delivering a Bank Fit for the Future. We help connect our customers to opportunities and support entrepreneurs as they fulfil their hopes and dreams. If we do this well, their businesses will thrive, meaning they can create more jobs, increase employment and bring greater prosperity to our local communities. As the largest customer segment, Small Business Banking is the cornerstone of Commercial Banking here in the UK, delivering liquidity that is vital to the wider business.
The role of a Business Specialist is to deliver a professional face to face service experience to customers, prospective customers and professionals in order to maximise contribution towards the Small Businesses Banking Small Businesses segment and to improve customer engagement by understanding the customer’s needs, and offering solutions to help them realise their dreams and ambitions
In this role, you will:
- Assist in the delivery of solutions that are appropriate to meet new and existing customer needs, deliver fair customer outcomes, and improve customer engagement
- Attract new customers by establishing a strong network with key local business introducers and being active in the local business community
- Self-educate regarding digital innovation and change agenda in order to drive digital and change adoption of customer base.
- Protect the bank’s assets and reputation by performing rigorous due diligence on the customers and their businesses
- Be an ambassador for HSBC for the local communities we serve.
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Experience working in a Customer Service environment
- Experience and ability of interacting and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Have an understanding of Business types and structures
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal
- A track record of gaining an understanding of customers’ needs and delivering outstanding customer service
- Contributed productively to team objectives, sometimes supporting and sometimes leading activities to achieve shared goals
- Experience of making timely and rational decisions, based on relevant information and experience
If successful at application, you will typically be interviewed within 1-2 weeks of the advert closing
Base location for this role is Croydon
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes
- Private healthcare for all UK-based employees
- Enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work
- A contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
When joining HSBC Commercial Banking UK, you will become a valued member of our team, we take the time to get to know you and there will be many tailored development opportunities along the way to support your career to grow as much as you want. We work closely with our colleagues to understand their life balance needs and we support them with several schemes and initiatives. We can’t wait to tell you about our ways of working, wellbeing agenda and our healthiest human system!
- Plus territirial allowance as applicable
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44 2078328500