Website Haymarket Media Group
This Job Listing is about Haymarket Media Group in London,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Haymarket is a successful international specialist media company. We have over 60 market-leading brands in the consumer and B2B markets across the UK, US, Asia, India and Germany, connecting people and communities across digital, print, festivals, awards, conferences, and exhibitions.
As a global business operating in diverse markets, we are inherently multicultural and we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole and use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
Technology is transforming at Haymarket – having supported multiple brands over many years, a programme of change to simplify and extend the platforms that underpin the various brands has started, with everyone in technology contributing to that change.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to be part of shaping and implementing transformational, technology change as part of a wider strategic initiative.
Haymarket Technology encompasses all aspects of technology – strategy, delivery and support across digital & product management, marketing, analytics, and infrastructure.
You will be working in our Business Intelligence (BI) team and will gain exposure to everything “data” which will add value and insight to departments within Haymarket Automotive, working on our key brands: What Car?, Autocar, Classic and Sports Car, CAT & Move electric as well as our central departments.
As part of this role, you will complete a Level 4 Data Fellowship qualification over 15-18 months where you will learn how to analyse data and develop machine learning capabilities. Apprentices will also master data wrangling, analysis techniques and the basics of python.
As part of the qualification you will be given 20% of your working week to dedicate to the course and will be given the support of industry expert coaches in monthly 1:1 sessions.
This course is fully funded by Haymarket.
English and maths plus three other GCSE’s or equivalent in any subject at Grade A-C (9-4)
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Data analysis
- Data Visualisation
- Data migration & integration
- Aggregation & joining of data
- Use of data tooling
- Working in an Agile/Kanban environment
- Carrying out support tasks / queries
- Data analytics and use of analytical tools
- Assisting with booking of meeting / workshops etc
- Liaising / co-ordinating with the business teams
- Eliciting requirements
- Creating documentation
- Understanding of working within an IT department
Technical & Professional Skills (Knowledge, Understanding, Experience, Education)
- Background in data analysis/engineering
- Some experience of interpreting data
Valuable to have:
- Good IT skills including strong experience of Microsoft Office (including intermediate to advanced Excel skills e.g. formulae, VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables)
- Contains a certain amount of autonomy around resources within agreed scope
- Able to judge when things need to be escalated
- A self-starter with the ability to self-manage workload, targets and priorities
- A high degree of personal initiative with the drive, resilience and ability to meet challenging goals
- Able to multi-task across several concurrent projects and activities
- Analytical thinker with great problem-solving skills; focussed on “getting things done”
- Able to break down complex work into manageable chunks – able to manage a diverse workload
- Ability to thrive in an environment that is characterised by significant diversity and constant change
This job description is subject to periodic review and it is expected that the employee will contribute to the continued development of the role and work flexibly in response to the changing business needs and operational requirements.
Why work with us?
People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. Haymarket is a media, information and data business, we use our expertise in media and information to inspire, inform and empower our clients, audiences and communities. We are a socially and environmentally responsible business. As we serve our audiences, clients and communities, we are committed to driving the meaningful change necessary to build a better world. The principles of diversity, inclusion, respect, responsibility and sustainability are at the heart of our business.
We’re hard-wired to produce remarkable content for our audiences, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
Our conveniently located Twickenham HQ is home to around 600 employees with a vast array of careers from journalism, video, marketing, sales and events to technology, digital development and product management.
As well as being the home of English rugby, Twickenham has the benefit of being less than 30 minutes from central London but also enjoying its riverside location, proximity to Richmond Park and a buzzing social scene.
With flexible hours, great brands, and a modern open plan environment, we attract great people. There’s time for you to get involved in our extra-curricular activities too; from volunteering with our charity partners, going for a lunch-time riverside run, cycling around Richmond Park or after work fun!
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We nurture, support and reward our talent. We offer a market-leading benefits programme, tailored to individual needs and preferences. The range of benefits are vast and include a generous pension plan, life assurance, up to 30 days holiday and a fabulous income protection policy. Oh, and our annual employee party is pretty special too!
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year excluding bank holidays (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Flexible working schedule (core hours from 10-3)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Access to Perkbox
- Health Cash Plan
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
We want to support our people to balance their personal and professional lives and we believe our range of benefits encourages this. We feel that nothing beats face-time with our colleagues and we’ve therefore adopted a blended working model where full time employees can expect to spend 3 days of their week in the office and the other 2 working at a location of their choice.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
If you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding and exciting place to work.