Website Guardian Jobs
This Job Listing is about Guardian Jobs in Bristol,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
BRISTOL ZOOLOGICAL SOCIETY
Contract hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £30,450 per annum
Location: Bristol Zoo Gardens
Contract type: Permanent
The Bristol Zoological Society is looking to recruit a Conservation and Science Partnerships Fundraiser. We are a conservation charity that works in 10 countries around the world and runs a zoo, the Wild Place Project, and several Higher Education programmes in partnership with university/college institutions. We are looking for a dynamic and experienced individual to join our team with broad knowledge, experience and/or understanding of the fundraising sector for conservation, knowledge of funding for sustainability or animal welfare science is also an asset. Your role will be crucial in helping us complete our mission of saving wildlife together. You will drive forward the Bristol Zoological Society’s funding portfolio for Conservation and Science programmes of work.
You will build upon the established pipeline of grant making funders, write compelling proposals, successfully research, cultivate and steward donors, and grow Bristol Zoological Society’s support from granting organisations, trusts and foundations to facilitate future support for our programmes, including field conservation, animal welfare science and sustainability.
As a result, you will contribute to making us a leader in field conservation and science, as an integral part of our strategic plan to increase our impact in conservation.
There may be occasions when the post holder is requested to work in other Society locations, or carry out other duties considered reasonable by the Society or its representatives.
The successful candidate will need to be self-motivated and proactive, with a flexible but methodical approach to work and will be happy to work in a busy team environment. You should have excellent communication skills, along with good organisational and interpersonal skills. If you are experienced in successful fundraising, have an interest in conservation, combined with excellent project management and communication skills, we want to hear from you!
Why work for Bristol Zoological Society?
- You will be working for one of the UK’s leading zoo and conservation charities, and joining an established Field Conservation and Science team to help enhance and expand our activities in conservation, sustainability and animal welfare science.
- You will join a team with a diverse set of skills and work collaboratively across the department to develop strong funding applications and establish new relationships with potential donors.
- You may be supported to participate in meetings or conferences to establish connections with potential or existing donors, as required (this is at the discretion of the Head of Department and in line with the approved budget).
- You will have the name and reputation of Bristol Zoological Society behind you when applying for relevant funding for the Society’s conservation, sustainability and animal welfare science programmes of work.
- You will be joining a zoological society and conservation charity with a new vision, to become an example of a modern zoo with conservation and sustainability at its heart.
Using the Bristol Zoological Society online job portal, please submit:
- Your CV, including a list of your relevant experience, skills and education (no more than 4 pages)
- A cover letter; clearly indicate how you meet the required characteristics of the Person Specification in the cover letter.