Website Guardian Jobs
This Job Listing is about Guardian Jobs in Manchester,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
Benefits: Flexible working | Competitive pension scheme | Wellbeing programme
As the voice of the UK’s co-operative movement, we are delighted to present this truly unique opportunity for an experienced and strategic Membership Manager to join our dynamic organisation.
Co-operatives contribute over £40bn to the UK economy and at Co-operatives UK we empower and support co-operative enterprise with specialised knowledge and expertise, to grow the co-operative economy and create a fairer society.
As Membership Manager you will play a crucial part in our Member Services Team to ensure our innovative and exciting member recruitment and engagement strategy stays on track. Your oversight will mean our work remains focused on delivering value that allows members to be engaged, supported, and championed throughout their journey with Co-operatives UK.
You will have experience of building and sustaining an active and engaged membership and delivering strategic priorities within membership organisations. You will also have experience in an operational management role, have commercial acumen and be able to spot opportunities and make connections.
You will be an excellent communicator, self-aware with emotional intelligence, creativity, drive, resilience and integrity. A strong team-player who enjoys working in partnership with others, you will share our passion for co-operative values and principles and have a real drive for delivering value-led services to our members.
We invite those who have a real drive for delivering value-led services and enjoy working in partnership with others to apply for this innovative role. After all, our members are at the heart of our organisation.
We invite all interested parties to learn more about the role and our organisation within the recruitment pack, which can be downloaded from the recruitment documents section.
Strategy and Development
- Implement the Co-operatives UK membership and member engagement strategy, driving through change in line with strategic goals and using data and insights to ensure member growth and member retention in line with our strategy
- Lead and manage the design and delivery of the Co-operatives UK membership offer and member journey ensuring that it meets the needs of existing and potential members and is in line with the Co-operatives UK strategy
- Achieve budgeted yearly membership acquisition and retention forecasts in line with the membership strategy and be responsible for monitoring and reporting against KPIs and organisational targets
- Develop an in depth understanding of Co-operatives UK’s subscription
- model, packages, products and services. Develop and maintain appropriate evaluation tools and analytical techniques to monitor the quality and effectiveness of service delivery and target future activity
- Build and maintain an in-depth expertise of co-operative membership as a function. Play a leading role in making Co-operatives UK a beacon of high standards in membership engagement, participation and governance
- Keep up to date with industry news and developments, strategic and operational best practice related to membership and apex bodies and use this information to improve the quality of our member offer, products and services and ways of working
- Report to the Leadership Team, Organisational Management, and Board when appropriate, on performance against budgets and KPIs
Relationship Management and Commercial Relationships
- Build and maintain an in-depth understanding of our members, their needs and experience of Co-operatives UK. In particular, develop deeper relationships with key contacts within key membership groups and strategically important Partners
- Build and maintain a specialist knowledge and understanding of our retail co-operative members and their commercial interests. Be the account manager for our retail co-operative members and build strong relationships with these members for mutual benefit. Working with the CEO, lead the negotiations and manage the process of securing three-year agreements with our retail society members
- Oversee the management of our Federal members, and associated membership offers, supported by their account manager
- Target and develop relationships with relevant networks of young people supported by account manager
- Promote commercial opportunities that ensure trading relationships between Co-operatives UK, its members and wider stakeholders and develop and negotiate affinity deals and partnerships for mutual benefit under Principle number six
- Be accountable for the efficient and effective operation of all membership functions, policies and procedures overseeing their operational delivery, including membership recruitment, application, relationship management, renewal and removal processes, calculation and collection of retail society and ICA (International Co-operative Alliance) subscriptions
- Line manage and be responsible for the supervision of staff monitoring and reviewing team progress and performance. Through practical expression and coaching of others, play a role in fostering a high performing culture based on core values and behaviours for own line reports and the wider organisation
- Work collaboratively across the organisation to ensure colleagues at all levels align their priorities and activities with the membership and engagement strategy and member offer
- Play a leading role in and collaborate with the Events Squad and input member insights and intelligence that contribute to the design and implementation of our events programme. Take responsibility for content creation and event management as appropriate
- Working alongside the Society Secretary and Member Services Lead co-ordinate initiatives to improve members’ engagement and networking with Co-operatives UK and each other, including hosting and managing member groups and forums particularly in the areas of knowledge sharing; peer support; and business networking
- Support the Member Services Lead and the Society Secretary on matters that relate to co-operative identity and governance to ensure our internal structures, policies and procedures reflect our co-operative identity and member needs
- You will have experience of building and sustaining an active and engaged membership and delivering strategic priorities within membership organisations
- You will have experience in an operational management role, have commercial acumen and be able to spot opportunities and make connections. You will have proven skills in customer/member satisfaction. Experience working with retail organisations is an advantage but not essential
- A strong team-player who enjoys working in partnership with others, you will share our passion for co-operative values and principles and have a real drive for delivering value-led services to our members
- You will be an excellent communicator, self-aware with emotional intelligence, creativity, drive, resilience and integrity
At Co-operatives UK we are a mindful, inclusive and equal opportunities employer. As an organisation that is owned and controlled by its members, we put our people at the forefront of all that we do. We offer:
- Flexible working options
- Pension scheme
- Discounted travel to work schemes
- Employee wellbeing assistance programme including free eye tests
- Personal and professional growth and development, including coaching
- Trade union
To apply please follow our application process and complete the application form. CVs received directly cannot be accepted as an application for the role.
Application deadline: Midnight 16th October 2022
Interviews: w/c 31st October in Manchester