Website Guardian Jobs
This Job Listing is about Guardian Jobs in London,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
£25,000 – £30,000 + Excellent Benefits
Leading media business has recently launched a premium digital intelligence platform, providing comprehensive data on social and affordable housing finance, stock and development.
It is primarily a service for organisations that work with not-for-profit housing associations, including investors, developers, consultants and lawyers. It gives users the ability to explore, compare and analyse information on what is a fast-moving housing market, bringing together business and market intelligence into a single, user-friendly and dynamic platform.
The lead researcher is an integral part of the team driving the success of the business intelligence platform. They are responsible for gathering data and information relating to UK social housing.
This primarily involves extracting financial data taken from annual financial accounts in a PDF format, inputting it into the database and validating the data, in an accurate and timely manner.
It also includes researching other financial and non-financial information using internet research and the organisation’s network of contacts. The lead researcher oversees the researcher, providing training and support, and answering first level queries.
The lead researcher reports into the data editor and works closely with the data editor to prioritise work, identify new datasets for inclusion in the product, resolve queries and refine and improve processes.
Job duties & responsibilities:
- Researching, identifying and inputting key datasets for publication on the web platform
- Finding specified data from annual accounts and inputting into data systems. Overseeing and cross-checking data entered by colleagues.
- Gathering key documents and sources: primarily financial statements
- Forging and maintaining relationships with contacts at key data suppliers/partners, such as the regulators and government departments
- Assisting with gathering and planning new datasets as the product evolves
- Offering guidance to the researcher
- Supporting the data editor in developing best practice and ways of working
- Assisting with product testing during the development cycle
- Helping to produce data-led reports and market updates
- Helping to ensure our market-leading data platform remains a trusted business intelligence service
- Computer literate
- Ideally an accounting degree /data reserach experience / reserach / analyst /financial data/extraction experience
- Microsoft Office skills, primarily Excel
- Data input – e.g: especially numerical data entry
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat would be an advantage
- Knowledge of database entry would be an advantage
- Knowledge of?reconciliation or financial data terminology would be an advantage, but the successful candidate?will receive full training so that they can operate effectively
- Any accounting knowledge or training very welcome
- 25 days annual holiday + additional day for birthday
- 4% employer contribution pension
- Season ticket loan
- Based in South Quay with fantastic transport links
- Optional health scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Death in service cover
Lipton Media is a dynamic, proactive and progressive media recruitment agency solely dedicated to the media industry. We are leaders across media sales and creative opportunities. We cover: media, digital media, print, exhibition, event, conference, outdoor and radio sales, in addition to marketing, conference production and editorial jobs.
Our clients range from small start-up companies to FTSE 100 and 250 businesses. We work with people at every stage of their career from undergraduates looking for their first entry point into sales to senior managers and directors looking for their next challenge