Website Guardian Jobs
This Job Listing is about Guardian Jobs in London,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
GUARDIAN NEWS AND MEDIA
Guardian Media Group (GMG) is a leading global media organisation, the publisher of the Guardian, which celebrated its 200th anniversary in 2021, the Observer and theGuardian.com, which attracts over 200 million global unique browsers each month. We are renowned for our ground-breaking independent journalism and our award-winning digital products.
We value and respect all differences (seen and unseen) in all people at the Guardian. We aspire to have inclusive working experiences and an environment that reflects the audience we serve, where our people have equal access to career development opportunities, their voices are heard and can contribute to our future. The Guardian actively encourages applications from BAME candidates.
We are now looking for a Finance Analyst to partner with key stakeholders to deliver on strategic objectives, challenging and influencing managers to continuously improve financial performance. You’ll also play a key role in owning and delivering accurate, efficient and timely month end management accounts, financial planning, variance analysis and commentary for The Guardian and The Observer newspapers.
About The Role
- Monitor and analyse the performance of financial and non-financial KPI’s
- Identify and communicate risks and opportunities, arising from actual performance trends, to Publishing and Finance management
- Understand causal relationships, underlying drivers of financial performance and influence stakeholders to take the most effective course of action
- Provide monthly results, variance analysis, board commentary, and reconciliations
- Communicate financial performance to managers/budget holders and advise on options for corrective action in the event of deviation from the financial plan
- Manage stakeholders to deliver accurate forecasts on time
- Support the delivery of medium term planning and ad hoc forecast requests
- Identify risks and opportunities to financial plans
- Provide variance analysis and commentary on changes to financial plans
- Contribute to the production of forecast presentations
- Meet regularly with key stakeholders
- Drive efficiencies and build smarter processes
- Be the finance lead on project teams when necessary
Control & Compliance
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed to ensure robust monthly reporting, common reporting definitions, clean audit and minimal risks
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of financial and non-financial KPI data
- Prepare management accounts: post relevant journal entries (e.g. accruals, deferrals, prepayments) in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) to ensure that the P&L and Balance Sheet reflect a true and fair view
- Maintain ownership of relevant Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Part Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/FCA) or relevant experience in FP&A
- Management accounting, IFRS and financial planning knowledge
- Understanding of trend analysis and non-financial metrics
- Commercial acumen and proven ability to partner with senior stakeholders
- Expert in Excel – Advanced
- Proven track record financial modelling and analysis (e.g. price/quantity/mix variance analysis; ROI, sensitivity analysis)
- Maintains excellent relationships at all levels
- Professionally objective, analytical, fact-based and prepared to constructively challenge when necessary
- Naturally curious and inquisitive
- Clear and concise communicator
And lastly, if you share in the Guardian’s mission and values, you’ll be well placed to help us succeed.
You Can View The Full Job Description Here.
Does this all sound like you? Then we’d love to hear from you.
The closing date for applications is 26th September 2022.
Please let us know if there are any changes we could make to the application process to make it easier and more comfortable for you. Contact Alice ([email protected]) so we can work with you to support you throughout your application.
How To Apply
To apply, please upload your latest CV and a cover letter which outlines why you’d love to take on this role, and why you’re a great match for what we’re looking for.
The Guardian offers 28 days’ holiday (increasing to 30 days in FY 2023/24) and a competitive benefits package including a generous pension, healthcare, dental insurance options, cycle to work scheme and 2 paid volunteering days per year.
We have a strong commitment to your learning, development and wellbeing, with hundreds of different courses available – ranging from bite-sized e-learning courses, to on-site workshops and professional certifications.
It’s the talent, energy and commitment our people bring to our business that make us who we are. Across our business we have some of the brightest and best people in media and beyond: award winning journalists, cutting edge commercial teams, industry leading digital talent and much, much more.
We are a vibrant and diverse community with many events groups and forums to get involved in. Our Kings Place offices overlook Regents Canal, with the newly-developed Coal Drops Yard, Granary Square and St Pancras Square shops, restaurants and pop-ups.
At The Guardian, many of our staff work flexibly and we will consider all requests for flexible working arrangements.