Website Guardian Jobs
This Job Listing is about Guardian Jobs in Yeovil,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
BRITISH RED CROSS
Contract: Fixed term until 31st March 2023 (we will support you in finding other roles with us at the end of your contract)
Do you want to play a vital role in supporting people to return safely home from hospital and to remain independent?
Our Support workers help people to safely return home from hospital and assist individuals to get the support they need to stay independent in their homes. Enabling us to support the NHS to ensure that patients are not staying or attending at hospital due to non-clinical reasons, allowing them to focus on patients who need clinical support.
What will I be doing?
- Supporting people to return safely home from hospital once their clinical needs have been met. This could involve tasks such as picking up their medication, transporting them home, ensuring they have food supplies, liaising with their support network (this role will not involve providing any personal care)
- Supporting people to remain at home by ensuring they have got support in place to help them remain there. This may involve connecting the individual with other organisations who can provide more longer-term support for them
This role could be for you if:
- You are a compassionate individual who will listen to peoples’ individual needs.
- You are dynamic and able to adapt to changing needs
- You will be courageous and able to speak to people openly and transparently
- You are inclusive and open to supporting people from diverse backgrounds with varying needs
- You have the right to work in the UK
- You have a driving licence
What will you get from this role?
- Team working – You will be working as part of a team that is supporting your local NHS teams
- Flexible working – We will do what we can to make sure you can work in a way which suits you and your lifestyle
- Learning Opportunities – We provide comprehensive learning opportunities for people to develop themselves
- Career Opportunities – We are one of the UK’s largest charities and have a wide range of different career opportunities available.
- Discounts – Our employees have access to brilliant discounts on everyday products through the Blue Light Discount Card and our own employee benefits
We have a wide range of staff benefits available to all our employees, such as 36 days holiday, up to 6% pension contribution. Click here for further details on our staff benefits
This role is available for immediate start. We are therefore assessing applications when they are received. If you are considering this role, please apply for it as soon as possible.