Website Guardian Jobs
This Job Listing is about Guardian Jobs in Northallerton,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
NORTH YORKSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
Assistant Director Inclusion
Salary: £88,177 to £100,200 plus relocation support
We are now looking for an Assistant Director who is a confident and innovative leader with vision and drive to continue to drive forward the strategic vision for SEND and inclusion across all key stakeholders within a context of changing government legislation and focus. You will continue to strengthen and build strong relationships with key stakeholders to endorse collaboration and transformation.
We are looking for someone with a proven track record in inclusion across education and SEND across the local authority area, with the ability to lead and deliver complex transformational change with a demonstrable ability to do so in a large authority together with ensuring high quality and value for money.
You will understand and have the ability to navigate the challenging and ever changing children and young people’s landscape and above all you will have a passionate commitment to young people with a moral purpose at the core.
As Assistant Director you will lead on ensuring stakeholders are meeting their strategic and operational duties for SEND and inclusion, as underpinned by the Children and Families Act 2014, associated legislation and government policy change.
You will provide clear direction and innovative leadership to ensure the needs of children and young people with SEND and their families are understood and that partners work collaboratively to ensure that provision and services are high quality and meet needs across education, care and health. You will be confident in identifying and driving forward areas for transformational change to ensure services provide value for money and reflect lived experiences of children and young people and their families.
You will be integral to the senior leadership team for CYPS and as such will play a crucial role in shaping and transforming the integrated approach across Children and Young People’s services and will contribute the cross cutting organisational themes beyond the directorate services, with a varied portfolio. Given our lean senior management system you will play a key role in the corporate leadership of the council, working with the Chief Executive, Corporate Directors, elected members, and other senior colleagues across the Council.
You would be joining, geographically, the largest and amongst the best local authorities in the country at a very challenging and exciting time.
Our success provides a great foundation to further shape exciting, innovative approaches, making their mark in this role and on a national stage. This presents an ideal opportunity for an aspirational Head of SEND or related service or an existing Assistant Director on their journey towards Director of Children’s Services.
In return we can provide you with:
- A strong foundation to progress some really interesting, innovative, high impact, ground breaking work.
- The opportunity to positively influence the entirety of our children’s service and the council as a whole.
- A large organisation serving the largest county in the country providing the opportunity to work at scale.
- An excellent reputation, allowing you to work with organisation’s on a national stage and trade services commercially.
- Strong political leadership and partnership arrangements providing catalysts for change not barriers to overcome.
- An authority which is financially stable as a result of our grip on performance and resources, and our ability to spend the Yorkshire pound astutely allowing you to forge forward with innovative practice.
- Career Progression. Our grip, resilience and agility provides the platform for you to make your mark and enjoy personal and professional success, supported by talented colleagues.
Closing Date: 16th October 2022
Shortlisting Date: Week commencing 17th October 2022
Assessment Event: 31st October 2022 (in-person at County Hall, Northallerton)
Final Interview Date: 1st November 2022 (in-person at County Hall, Northallerton)