Website FTI Consulting
This Job Listing is about FTI Consulting in London,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
What We Do
Our team of consultants come from a wide variety for academic backgrounds. At FTI they develop skills in economics and finance as well as drawing on their problem solving and analytical skills to answer a range of questions for high-profile clients.
We specialise in two main areas:
- providing valuation advice about anything from large public companies to patents and trademarks. We do all types of work, but in particular we are the leading firm in advising on valuation issues before courts and tribunals all around the world; and
- economic regulatory advice, where we apply economic theory and in-depth experience to offer advice to both regulators and regulated companies on a wide range of issues.
We have offices in cities across the world, with more than 250 staff worldwide. In London, our EFC practice has more than 150 people and each year we look to recruit at least 15 graduates from any degree background.
Examples of the questions our clients ask us
- What impact did Uber have on the earnings of Black Cab drivers in London?
- What is a fair way to distribute money to artists from steaming service royalties?
- How much extra cost did the NHS incur because a generic drug was kept off the UK market by an invalid patent?
- How much is the brand name of a premiership football club worth?
- What is the value of an airport in South Africa?
- Do US stock exchanges undervalue Chinese companies?
- As part of the Foskett Panel, how much compensation should business owners receive after they were wrongly made to close by Lloyds Bank?
- Does an econometric analysis of a European bank’s share price indicate that it was affected by the release of inside information?
- How large are the benefits of subsidising rural broadband networks in Europe?
What You Will Do
Our interns play a key role in our project teams by performing industry research and developing the knowledge and experience to perform detailed economic analysis and financial modelling to solve interesting questions. They benefit significantly from working closely with managers and other team members in small teams, as well as from direct exposure to some of the top experts in the industry.
After comprehensive training, some of your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Preparing and reviewing financial models, using Excel and financial databases such as Bloomberg and CapitalIQ
- Using statistical software packages to perform econometric analysis of industry and market data
- Researching companies, markets or geographies to understand what industry features are relevant to the project
- Reviewing the regulatory landscape and drawing parallels with our client’s industry
- Summarising your work in emails or memos, clearly presenting your results and drawing out the implications
- Taking responsibility for the quality of the final product
What We Offer You
Applications for our 8-week Summer Internship will open in September. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to apply your intelligence and analytical skills to stimulating economic, financial and business issues across many different industries. Our interns will have the opportunity to experience a variety of different projects across a range of industries.
Summer internship Requirements:
- Candidates must be interested in an 8-week internship during the summer of 2022 at our London office. Applicants should be in their penultimate year of study
- Numerate, logical and inquisitive team players from any degree subject
- Ability to think independently and creatively
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate their quantitative skills, whether academically or in other ways