Website FTI Consulting
This Job Listing is about FTI Consulting in London,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
What We Do
EFC are looking for analytical, collaborative and highly motivated students to join us for our Summer Internship programme in London from July to August 2022. This Future Leaders Internship programme is an in-person internship for those who self-identify as Black ethnic minority background with a strong interest in a career in economic consulting.
The purpose of this programme is to provide students who have been historically underrepresented in global business advisory firms with the opportunity to gain first hand experience and learn about our Economic Financial Consulting. This could lead to an offer of a graduate role. You will gain access to many experts and professionals to grow your network, including senior leaders. We are seeking students from a variety of degrees.
Our team of consultants come from a wide variety for academic backgrounds. At FTI they develop skills in economics and finance as well as drawing on their problem solving and analytical skills to answer a range of questions for high-profile clients.
We specialise in two main areas:
- Providing valuation advice about anything from large public companies to patents and trademarks. We do all types of work, but in particular we are the leading firm in advising on valuation issues before courts and tribunals all around the world; and
- Economic regulatory advice, where we apply economic theory and in-depth experience to offer advice to both regulators and regulated companies on a wide range of issues.
We have offices in cities across the world, with more than 250 staff worldwide. In London, our EFC practice has more than 150 people and each year we look to recruit at least 15 graduates from any degree background.
Examples of the questions our clients ask us
- What impact did Uber have on the earnings of Black Cab drivers in London?
- What is a fair way to distribute money to artists from steaming service royalties?
- How much extra cost did the NHS incur because a generic drug was kept off the UK market by an invalid patent?
- How much is the brand name of a premiership football club worth?
- What is the value of an airport in South Africa?
- Do US stock exchanges undervalue Chinese companies?
- As part of the Foskett Panel, how much compensation should business owners receive after they were wrongly made to close by Lloyds Bank?
- Does an econometric analysis of a European bank’s share price indicate that it was affected by the release of inside information?
- How large are the benefits of subsidising rural broadband networks in Europe?
What You Will Do
Our project teams perform industry research and develop the knowledge and experience to perform detailed economic analysis and financial modelling to solve interesting questions. They benefit significantly from working closely with managers and other team members in small teams, as well as from direct exposure to some of the top experts in the industry.
What We Offer You
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to apply your intelligence and analytical skills to stimulating economic, financial and business issues across many different industries. Our interns will have the opportunity to experience a variety of different projects across a range of industries.
- Applicants must self-identify as Black ethnic minority group historically underrepresented in the Professional Services industry
- Have a strong desire to start your career in Economic Financial Consulting
- Candidates must be interested in an 8-week internship during the summer of 2022 at our London office.
- Numerate, logical and inquisitive team players from any degree subject
- Ability to think independently and creatively
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate their quantitative skills, whether academically or in other ways