Website Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
This Job Listing is about Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) in Sheffield,England,UnitedKingdom 2022
About the job
Are you looking to make a difference to people in the UK?
Do you enjoy working with a variety of stakeholders to get things done?
Are you able to use data from many sources to make recommendations?
If so, this role may be perfect for you!
A bit about where you will be working:
Department for Work and Pensions works on some of the most important policies in government. We are proud of our work and want to offer you the opportunity to get involved in our agenda to improve outcomes for millions of citizens in the UK. Fraud and error is a big challenge for the welfare system. Following the pandemic, it cost an estimated £8.6bn in the financial year 2021/22. The challenge is to drive down this cost, to ensure value for money for the taxpayer and that vital funds are going where they are needed most.
A bit about the Role:
· Owning a policy area with empowerment over how you plan and organise your area of work.
· Working across organisational boundaries, and with key partners, to deliver outcomes.
· Problem solving to achieve better outcomes for claimants and the department.
· Supporting a Team Leader by contributing to policy development as well as the management of the wider Division and strategic management of Policy Group.
· Advising on decisions affecting the direction and delivery of the work area, assessing on risk and mitigation, including assessing the consequences of proposed changes, both internally and externally.
· Annual salary £38,469 – £45,919
· Annual leave of 25 days, rising to 30 days plus all bank holidays
· Flexible, hybrid working
· Civil Service pension with employer contribution of up to 27%
Click ‘Apply’ for more information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
Company: Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sheffield,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A