This Job Listing is about ERM in Manchester,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
ERM are looking to hire a graduate EIA consultant. The opening is for a Graduate EIA Consultant to assist various teams including Air Quality, Acoustics, Ecology, Hydrology , Planning and others in their wide project portfolio.
Candidates should be educated to degree (BSc/MSc) level in Environmental Management /Science/ Planning and should have some understanding of the Environmental Impact Assessments process.
You should be highly motivated and enthusiastic and have a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills.
You will work closely with other internal teams as well as undertaking commercial work with external partners to ensure projects are delivered efficiently and to high standards.
You will take responsibility for task delivery working under the supervisions of more senior staff. Daily duties will include:
- Environmental assessment and appraisals.
- Report writing.
- Provide general support across a range of sectors and services.
- Continued professional development.
- Development of new business with colleague support.
This role gives great opportunity to work on a range of exciting projects across the UK (and internationally) in a dynamic and fast pasted organization.
A competitive salary, discretionary bonus, flexible home working along with other company benefits will also be provided.
There will be on-the-job and classroom training, and the opportunity to work on live client projects with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
You will be encouraged to join a professional Institutes you may wand have dedicated training time and allowance.
Minimum Requirements are an appropriate degree and MSc Preferred. Ideally, you will have a relevant first degree AND a relevant post-graduate degree. Relevant first or post-graduate degree subjects include: environmental economics, environmental impact assessment, environmental management, environmental planning, environmental policy, environmental science, geography, housing (sustainable, planning, regeneration and urban management), social science, sustainable development.
As a member of our Capital Projects Delivery Team you will be be delivering a wide range of projects within multi-disciplinary teams.
You’ll need to be:
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious
- Excellent research and report writing skills
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills and the aptitude to understand and communicate complex technical information
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Capacity to collaborate and communicate effectively with colleagues, clients and stakeholders
- Ability to work to deadlines, working flexibly under pressure and responding to changing project and programme demands
- Understand manage tasks and projects effectively as well as good knowledge of EIA
- Very good Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to structure and priorities the delivery of project outputs effectively
A full and clean driving licence is beneficial for site work and client meetings.
With a robust career framework in place, Arcus is able to offer great opportunities for both early career and experienced professionals to advance their career within the business. Structured training around project management, core consulting skills development amongst other topics are offered to support our colleagues’ professional development as we continue to grow our team.
You will also be able to join our Global Technical Communities where likeminded professionals come together globally to innovate, network and share knowledge and expertise through internal workshops and webinars.
We are passionate about our people, their safety, well-being and development. ERMers take accountability, are client focused, and collaborate with colleagues across geographies.
If you share our values, believe in sustainability and are motivated by opportunities to shape, build and run a sustainability service team that makes a real impact to our client’s businesses, ERM is the right place for you.
We aim to build an inclusive culture by identifying, acquiring, developing and retaining a highly skilled and high performing workforce which reflects the diverse global marketplace in which we operate, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religious preference, sexual orientation, physical attributes, educational background.