This Job Listing is about ERM in Edinburgh,Scotland,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
ERM is looking to recruit a Site Investigation Consultant to work with the Land Portfolio, Contamination and Remediation team.
The successful Consultant will undertake a range of duties including but not limited to the following:
- Supervision of contractors and undertaking routine monitoring during site investigations.
- Regular field work (walkovers, logging soils, soil and groundwater sampling, supervising and managing contractors on site)
- Office support (data analysis, manipulation and presentation, reporting, etc.)
- Produce environmental desk study, site investigation and verification reports by undertaking both office and site based work.
- Assist in fee proposal preparation for future work
- Training will be provided to develop the skills to manage small then medium sized projects, to include financial management.
We are looking for individuals with the following experience:
- Have a sound awareness, knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and regulations, British Standards, industry guidance documents and best practice.
- Previous experience in supporting investigation, risk assessment, or environmental assessment work with exposure to fieldwork supervision in an Environmental or Water Consultancy is preferred.
- Experience working on active industrial sites with advanced safety cultures or in remote locations preferred
- Qualified to degree level with a BSc and MSc in a environmental sciences, hydrogeology, geology, geochemistry or chemistry discipline.
- Excellent spatial and temporal data analysis / handling / manipulation and some GIS skills.
We are looking for individuals with the following general attributes:
- A passion and desire to build a career within the wider environmental context
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to think outside the box and tackle problems with little available data.
- The ability to simulate uncertainty and apply this to real situations.
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met
- Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions.
- Ability to prepare accurate, concise and well written reports
- Take responsibility for personal development
- Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
- Demonstrate pride in work, through accurate timely delivery
- Be well organised and systematic
We aim to build an inclusive culture by identifying, acquiring, developing and retaining a highly skilled and high performing workforce which reflects the diverse global marketplace in which we operate, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religious preference, sexual orientation, physical attributes, educational background.
If you share our value and are interested in this role, please send your CV and cover letter (in English) with your salary expectation.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.