This Job Listing is about ERM in Manchester,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
ERM is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting and sustainability related services. We work with the world’s leading organizations, delivering innovative solutions and helping them to understand and manage their sustainability challenges.
The key sectors we serve include finance, oil & gas, mining & metals, energy transition, power, manufacturing & pharmaceutical, chemical, and technology, media & telecommunications. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them to operate more sustainably, which has a positive impact on our environment.
Human Factors at ERM
- We undertake a wide variety of challenging and exciting projects concerned with the application of human factors and organisational psychology to issues such as safety culture and work performance.
- We use data analytics and artificial intelligence to improve safety and prevent incidents.
- We also offer services in areas such as human error analysis, usability assurance, shift pattern design, human factors research and trials and human factors training.
- We are committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients.
Are you looking for a rewarding and challenging role with opportunities to work in a diverse range of industries, doing something that really matters, that has a tangible effect on people, on safety and on the environment?
Do you have an interest in preventing incidents in industries such as mining, transport, energy, manufacturing and technology?
Are you passionate about working with others to improve safety and human performance and reduce human error?
As a Consultant you will support the delivery of human factors and safety technical services to our clients.
Your day to day tasks will include:
- Assisting project teams with human factors and safety assessments,
- Carrying out desk-based studies and site visits, where required,
- Conducting research, literature reviews and keeping up to date with new research, sector trends and best practice,
- Analysing safety data and interpreting findings,
- Supporting activities such as focus groups, interviews and on-site work observations,
- Developing project outputs such as reports and presentations,
- Presenting work to the project team and participating in workshops,
- Working with colleagues to develop new ideas, solve problems and improve our services,
- Participating in project team meetings and client meetings (virtual and face-to-face),
- Assisting project managers with project co-ordination.
You will be supported by a team of experienced safety and human factors consultants who will help you to develop your technical, consultancy and professional skills, through project work and internal training.
Qualifications & Desired Experience
- As a minimum the individual will hold an undergraduate degree in a recognised human factors subject such as Human Factors, Ergonomics or Psychology.
- Knowledge of the application of human factors to manage safety risks.
- An interest in applying human factors and organisational psychology principles to solve safety-related problems and to improve human performance in the workplace.
- An understanding of experimental design principles and statistics is highly desirable. As is an interest in data analysis and analytics tools and how these can be applied to understand human behaviour and performance in safety critical operations.
- Experience in producing clear and well-articulated reports and presentations as part of your studies or through work experience in a relevant field.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Experience of using PowerBI is also desirable.
- Collaborative team player with good communication skills
- Takes responsibility for completing high quality work but does not work in isolation and asks for help when needed
- Well organised and excellent time management skills
- Ability to work to deadlines, working flexibly and respond to changing project demands
- Willingness to travel for project work / occasional site visits
We aim to build an inclusive culture by identifying, acquiring, developing and retaining a highly skilled and high performing workforce which reflects the diverse global marketplace in which we operate, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religious preference, sexual orientation, physical attributes, educational background.
If you share our value and are interested in this role, please send your CV and cover letter (in English) with your salary expectation.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.