Website Public Digital
This Job Listing is about Public Digital in London,England,UnitedKingdom 2022
About the job
The role: Digital Transformation Consultant (International)
Salary: c£40k – £50k dependent on experience
Location: A mix of working in our London office and remote from home. We will accept applications from people located around the world, and some travel may be required for any work required with clients on site. We will speak to successful candidates about location, travel and their individual circumstances.
Scope: We welcome applications from people interested in seeking a full time role, permanent role.
We are Public Digital, a digital transformation consultancy and we help global institutions that matter thrive in the internet era. We apply the culture, processes, business models and technologies to help teams build and run excellent services. Working with the leaders doing strategy, and the teams doing delivery, we operate globally, advising large organisations and governments on six continents.
We’re values-driven and we articulated them in our positions on the Public Digital website.
Attitude as much as skill, is critically important to us as a team and we look for entrepreneurialism, initiative, kindness, and a willingness to pitch in. Our theory of change is: Digital. Teams. Work – we fundamentally believe transformation is about people, and that change comes from creating great teams and empowering them.
This role will be dedicated to supporting one or more of our diverse portfolio of engagements with large, complex organisations and institutions around the world. You will work as part of a team to help develop important relationships with practitioners and senior leaders, both from the client and Public Digital. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is keen to grow their career in digital transformation and in consulting – supporting global organisations that matter to thrive in the internet era.
We currently work across a number of sectors: Health, UK Public Sector, The Americas, Private, and International. We encourage working across sectors to gain broader experience, so you can understand how they interconnect and how they share similar challenges and opportunities. This role will have a home within either the International or The Americas sector, so relevant international experience would be advantageous.
Some examples of engagements you could work on include:
- Helping the Government of Madagascar to build their digital capabilities and broaden access to vital health and education services
- Working on a programme to improve data practices in multiple cities across the Americas, such as our work with the Bloomberg Philanthropies City Data Alliance
- Leading global research engagements, on topics ranging from open source in government to inclusivity and digital identity
What you’ll do for us:
- Work on client engagements – developing strong, trusting relationships through working with practitioners and senior leaders
- Contribute to building a comprehensive understanding of our clients’ strategic direction, challenges and delivery goals
- Support mobilisation of Public Digital teams for new client engagements, including planning, onboarding new team members and supporting kick off sessions
- Maintain a holistic view of all the work across an engagement and ensure what is being delivered is aligned to the outcomes our clients are trying to achieve
- Share regular updates of our work in client engagements with others in Public Digital, including presentations and writing blog posts
- Understand and engage with best practice around digital delivery and transformation; build relationships with peers around the world
- Be a point of contact in Public Digital for client-specific critical matters
- Contribute to the corporate life and growth of Public Digital as a values-led business
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to support teams to deliver excellent work, from start to finish
- Pragmatic and proactive approach to supporting and delivering client engagements, including excellent levels of organisation, prioritisation and delivery management
- An understanding of how teams work and collaborate, the dynamics of team delivery and how this is nurtured and developed
- Experience of coordinating and building relationships with many different stakeholders to achieve a client’s outcomes and goals
- Great communicator, able to express data and information in a clear, concise manner, to a publishable standard, including articulating technical concepts
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- A solid understanding of digital transformation in either the public or private sectors
- A solid understanding of agile, user-centred ways of working
- French or Spanish speaker is highly desirable given the location of engagements
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to grow and progress rapidly within an engaged, supportive environment
- Be entrepreneurial and contribute to the growth and success of Public Digital
- Focus on enabling people to deliver high-impact work with leading institutions around the world
- Be empowered to do your best job
- Home and remote working, flexibility in how you deliver work
- Focus on learning, development and progression
- Ability to build and develop your expertise and profile through publishing blog posts, presenting at events and sharing knowledge and experience
- Buddy system and prioritised mental health
- Generous holiday allowance
- Private healthcare.
How we get to know you
We review all applications on the basis of your answers to the sift questions on our BeApplied. As a blind sift, we do not shortlist on the basis of your CV so your responses are critical and will determine whether you progress to the next stage of selection.
We would like to understand your background, attitudes, experiences and your motivation in wanting to work with us. We typically do this through a:
- phone interview up to 30 minutes;
- panel interview, which includes a case study sent to you in advance; and
- an informal meeting with a peer.
Company: Public Digital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A