Website DHL Express
This Job Listing is about DHL Express in Derby,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Frontline Customer Service Apprentice
- East Midlands Airport, DE74 2TR
- Full-time and part time positions available!
- Flexible shift patterns starting between 07.30am – 10.15am Monday – Friday (8 hour shifts) or part time shifts available upon discussion, and 1 Saturday shift every 4 weeks working the hours of 08.00 – 14.15 including day off in lieu in that week.
- Customer Service Practitioner – Level 2 Apprenticeship (18 month Fixed Term Contract)
DHL Express UK is part of the Deutsche Post DHL Group – the world’s most international company. We operate in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide, enabling us to provide exceptional national and international career development opportunities. Within DHL Express’s pursuit to be The Logistics Company of the World we engage in a number of initiatives such as – Go Teach, Go Green and Go Help.
About the Role
Our East Midlands call centre is looking for a Frontline Customer Service Apprentice.
The Frontline Customer Service department is responsible for handling the vast majority of contacts between DHL and customers on a daily basis. The Frontline Customer Service Advisor is a key role for Customer Service, whose ultimate aim is logging customer’s bookings, maximising the booking conversion and increasing sales of value added services within the product offering and tracking customer’s shipments.
As an apprentice within the frontline department, you will support the function as outlined above, whilst attending the necessary workshops and learning interventions in order to complete your apprenticeship programme within the required timeframe.
You will responsible for:
- Responding to customers’ enquiries providing information for products and services prior to shipping, to ensure the most appropriate DHL offering is provided in line with DHL procedures. Promoting the benefits of the brand to secure the booking at initial point of contact
- Promote up / cross selling opportunities, in line with DHL Product Portfolio
- Improve the First Time Resolution rate for incoming tracking contacts from customers to minimise the opening of unnecessary trace files
- Handle customers objections in a professional manner to reinstall the customer’s faith in DHL and avoid escalation to claims/ complaints
- Identify sales opportunities for long term business acquisition and pass to Sales
- Capture booking data in methodical manner-validating information provided
- Ensure service checks are completed and customer advised accordingly of any restrictions or additional information requirements
- Inform the customer of DHL services, including promotion of automated tools
- Provide price / transit quotations for customers and amend booking details as per customer’s request
Desired Skills and Experience
Your Profile – Skill sets and Attributes
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong IT skills
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to work towards deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A desire to progress your career within a customer service environment
- Experience of working with MS Word & Excel is extremely desirable
Our Promise to You
- Full support with your studies including 20% off the job activities
- An excellent pay structure
- Work in a rapidly-growing industry, with career development
- We will provide the company uniform
- Internal training programme
- Modern and well maintained fleet
As well a competitive hourly rate you have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, and discounts and savings on 1000’s of retailers.
- Apply now and upload your CV online.
- Please note: Due to the nature of our business we are regulated by the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority), therefore it is compulsory for all applicants once offered employment to provide a full 5 year employment history. Additional to this we are required to carry out a Criminal Record check.
DHL Express is a #4 UK Best Place to Work and a Global Top Employer (for the seventh consecutive year).