This Job Listing is about Vestas in Aberdeen,Scotland,UnitedKingdom 2022
About the job
Skilled Worker / Semi-Skilled Worker | Full-Time | Field Operations
Do you want to be a part of a greener future? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a growing industry? Then have a look at this career opportunity to join our offshore team in Kincardine.
SBU NCE > Service Offshore NCE > Kincardine
The Kincardine Service Team is responsible for the service and maintenance of x5 V164 floating WTGs off the coast of Aberdeen, NE Scotland. The department has an open and informal culture, where teamwork and good communication is the key to our success. You will have the opportunity to work in an exciting industry and in a team of highly motivated employees.
- Splitting time between WTG service and troubleshooting offshore and general support to the supervisor dependent on-site activities
- Electrical and mechanical operations
- Maintaining and upgrading installation activities
- Plan service tasks on a daily basis
- Supporting the Service Supervisor with SAP activities and approving the hours of the Offshore Service Technicians
- Plan statutory tasks with the customer
- Technical support for troubleshooting turbines
- Completed electrical or mechanical NVQ/SVQ/HNC/HND/degree from a technical school/college/university
- Professional offshore experience (electrical or mechanical)
- High voltage knowledge and switching experience
- Fluent English skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Driving license category B
On The Personal Level You Have
- Comfortable with working at heights and in an offshore environment
- Great communication skills
- High level of safety awareness
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Good organisational & time management skills
- Willingness to travel to other sites and training when required
What We Offer
We offer an exciting role, a professional learning environment, and opportunities for career development from a growing wind turbine manufacturer. You will become part of a highly professional, culturally diverse team in a constantly growing industry. We provide an attractive compensation package for working 14 days on, 14 days off rotation.
We look forward to seeing your application as soon as possible, as interviews will be held on a regular basis. Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before the 8th of December. All inquiries are treated confidentially.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Aberdeen,Scotland,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A