Website Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
This listing is about Department for Work and Pensions DWP in Newlands, Scotland, United Kingdom
About the job
Do you have an eye for detail? Are you looking to enhance or gain experience in Administration? Searching for somewhere you can help others and make a real difference? If so, we would like to hear from you!
We have varied, exciting and challenging roles available within our Counter Fraud and Compliance Directorate (CFCD) team. As an Intelligence Support Officer, you will be working within the Identity Fraud Intelligence Team, preventing, detecting and correcting potential misuse of a UK citizen’s identity.
This Specialist team receive tailored training from the National Document Fraud Unit (NDFU), enabling you to create intelligence reports for investigations and product court-ready evidence to instruct Serious and Organised Investigators to make arrests.
If you want to join somewhere that recognises the importance of work-life balance, where you can learn new skills and progress your career, then CFCD is the place for you!
As an Intelligence Support Officer, you will:
- Work as part of a team to support and improve the delivery of excellent customer service, quality and performance.
- Undertake telephone calls with stakeholders and customers, to verify the authenticity of Identity documents presented as evidence of Identity.
- Ensure all relevant questions in relation to the security features of a particular Identity document are asked.
- Recall any Identity document if there are any doubts about the authenticity.
- Utilise different IT platforms to support the activity and the accurate recording of information.
- Keep case records accurate and up to date, ensuring all actions taken have been recorded on the appropriate IT systems timeously.
- Complete Security Clearance to enable access to check British Passports.
- Understand and achieve personal productivity expectations and ensure standard processes and guidance is adhered to all times.
- Ensure awareness and compliance of all aspects of security and data protection are adhered to.
- Communicate clearly and concisely to a wide range of customers, respecting diversity at all times, whilst taking personal responsibility for their experience of our service.
- Comply with all relevant policy and procedure regarding DWP Standards of Behaviour.
Why the Civil Service? What’s in it for you?
• Flexible working.
• A competitive contribution with the highly sought after civil service pension .
• Career progression opportunities that make a real difference
• Training and apprenticeships with us to 5 days’ personal development and learning allowance
• Free wellbeing support and interest free travel loans
• Employee discount schemes (incl. Vodafone advantage discount scheme)
• Generous annual leave and additional Bank holidays.
Further information regarding the role, person specification, key criteria and the selection process can be found on Civil Service Jobs (Vacancy Ref. 179866) or on our microsite, dwpjobs-cfcd-microsite.co.uk
If you’re interested CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
Please submit an application before 11.55pm on Monday 31st January 2022
Company: Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
Job Location: Newlands, Scotland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org