This Job Listing is about Amey in Leicester,England,UnitedKingdom 2022
About the job
We have a role that has become available to be part of our MOJ team at Amey. Working in a secure environment, you will be part of a team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical.
Location: HMP Gartree, Gallow Field Rd, Leicestershire LE16 7RP
Hours per week: 39 hours
What will this role involve?
- This role will involve carrying out a range of activities across key areas of the establishment
- Safety and contractor checks and monitoring
- Site induction duties
- You will also be flexibly deployed to provide a range of other support service activities within operational areas of an establishment when required, including aiding contractors working on site
What are we looking for?
- Amey will complete a DBS for you upon successful interview and prison security clearance will be required.
- A professional customer/client focussed approach to service delivery.
- Able to demonstrate a committed, flexible and enthusiastic approach to varying duties.
- Ability to follow and adhere to instructions and relevant safety policies and procedures.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Security and safety conscious.
- Able to challenge potential compromises and risk.
- This role will also support both local and business zero carbon programmes, working towards zero carbon in a strategic and lean manner as and where it is appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring H&S standards are achieved across the contract
Our rewards make us feel valued here at Amey. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including:
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, free GP service, dental vouchers
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 14,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Please contact our recruitment team at [email protected] to discuss any access needs and reasonable adjustments that may be required at any point during the recruitment process.
The Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Business Award
Are you under 23 years old? Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to be the next rising star within Amey?
Go the extra mile; gain new skills, push yourself physically, help others and explore new places. Gain friendships, experiences and memories that will last a last time – and have lots of fun too! The aware is run over an 18-month period and there are five modules and an awards presentation included.
Visit amey.co.uk/dofe for more information
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leicester,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A