This listing is about Citi in Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
About the job
Job Id: 80012196
You’re the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programmes equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi’s Enterprise Operations & Technology (EO&T) group is looking for Graduate Software Developers to join its rotational programme in the Global Functions Technology (GFT) team. The programme starts in the summer with an initial intensive orientation where you will learn more about our business, strategy, and shared vision as well as a dedicate training programme.
As one of the principal players in the world’s financial markets, Citi is involved in conducting millions of trading events every day. We have a responsibility to the financial regulators, our clients and ourselves to identify and prevent fraudulent, malicious or erroneous behaviour.
GFT provides innovative technology solutions supporting all key functions to ensure Citi meets its regulatory commitments whilst providing a systems framework to enable risk mitigation, fiscal responsibility, asset protection and production assurance across all lines of defense including compliance, data management and human resources.
Belfast is the global centre for Citi’s Trade & Communication Surveillance software development with the full SDLC from business requirements through to production support. Citi is building a distributed data platform to drive its surveillance functions by acquiring the trading events and enrichment data required for a combination of rule-based and advanced feature-based surveillance algorithms. The volume and variety of data involved in these surveillances and the complexity of the algorithms results in one of most challenging and appropriate use cases for big data technologies.
Your time here will look something like this…
You will participate in two rotations during your time on programme. Assignments change each year based on the business needs of the GFT teams. Below are some examples of assignments:
- Cyber Security data analysis
- Data Protection analysis
- Software Development (wide variety)
- Product & Project Management
- Private & Hybrid Cloud Design
- Converting raw data into intelligence
- Performing web and mobile application testing and scans
- Identifying defects in online tools
- Creating dashboards and scorecards to summarise data
- Provide an overview of sourcing processes to senior level management
- Automating analytical processes
- Advanced Analytics projects
- API Development & Integration
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
Here at Citi, rotational programmes are intended to help you build a broad skillset and accelerate your career growth by gaining exposure to more than one role. Our rotational programme will help you discover the best fit for your skills and long-term career goals at Citi. Upon completion of the programme, top-performing Graduate Software Developers are eligible for promotion.
You are hired into roles to perform jobs at the highest levels while continuously seeking ways to improve and innovate. Each graduate works in a highly collaborative environment to ensure that processes are implemented and utilised to facilitate peak operational functionality at Citi. Through ongoing professional and technical training and networking and mentoring opportunities, you will build the necessary professional skills for future leadership positions within Citi EO&T.
We want to hear from you if…
- You have obtained or on track for a minimum 2:1 bachelor’s degree
- You are currently studying a STEM Subject or have a keen interest with proven experience with coding
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit…
Extensive work experience is not a requirement, but dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. We’ll also be looking for the following:
- Commitment to personal growth and career development, a strong desire to learn, and success in team environments
- Strong communication, planning, and organisational skills
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision-making
- Collaborators who are quick to seek the help of colleagues and recognize the value of teamwork, support, and mutual assistance
- Innovators who can think creatively and beyond the limits of a position or process
This opportunity will close when the programme is full, please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.
Job Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org