This Job Listing is about ChampionX in Aberdeen,Scotland,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
ChampionX has an immediate need for a Business Data Manager located in Aberdeen. This is your opportunity to join a growing company offering a competitive base salary and benefits.
What’s In It For You
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organisation that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best
- The opportunity to thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture and empowers its employees through continuous improvement
- A comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment
What You Will Do
- Work with multiple stakeholders in the business to proactively identify and develop improved data management and reporting opportunities using the latest business intelligence methodologies and strategies
- Work with existing datasets and create further optimised data pools to improve data retrieval capability, supporting enhanced data presentation and report generation
- Develop and maintain visual reports, scorecards and dashboards in a Power BI environment
- Develop end-user-focused solutions to facilitate improved reporting and compliance with internal process via Power Apps or other relevant tools
- Participate and sometimes lead presentation of data and its analysis to business stakeholders and corporate executives
- Maintain data integrity and manage the cadence of data refreshes in line with business end user requirements
- Identify and execute plans towards opportunities for automating repetitive business processes within the sales and marketing activities.
- Develop curriculums and perform ad-hoc training to support wider use and understanding of existing Power BI reports, and to facilitate associate-lead development of further Power BI reports
- Business, Science or IT-related bachelor’s degree-level qualification
- 3 years of experience working in a data-driven field (Analytics, Business Intelligence etc.)
- Demonstrable experience of implementing effective data management solutions in a complex business environment
- Proven track record of designing, creating and maintaining data analytics solutions in a Power BI environment
- Ability to think analytically and turn data into meaningful reports
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and the preparedness to constructively challenge peers and leadership to ensure positive results
- Go beyond the numbers: capability to use data to construct the messaging required to bring along an audience to a desired viewpoint
- Track record of managing relationships with multiple stakeholders and evidence of skills to influence relationships for positive outcomes
- Experience of training and/or coaching others to develop and improve Business Intelligence development skills
- Strong track record in demonstrating creativity
- Strong data/modelling, storytelling, and data visualisation skills using Power BI
- Experience working within the oil and gas industry, and an understanding of oilfield chemicals and their applications
- Commercial/business acumen – understanding of key business drivers and commercial processes used to manage a large, complex international company
ChampionX is a global leader in providing chemistry programs and services, drilling technology, artificial lift solutions, and automation technologies for the upstream and midstream oil and gas industry. Our world-class safety culture fuels our purpose to improve lives through our commitment to deliver sustainable operations.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At ChampionX, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every employee can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.