Website Cancer Research UK CRUK
This Job Listing is about Cancer Research UK CRUK in Cambridge,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Location: Babraham Institute, Cambridge (min 3 days per week) plus hybrid working
Contract: Permanent, 35 hours per week
Salary: £65,000 – £80,000 (dependent on experience), 30 days annual leave and pension
Application method: In our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, we operate an anonymised shortlisting process. Please therefore ensure that you have completed the work history section of the application form and answered the application questions. CVs are required for all applications, however they will not be reviewed as part of the shortlisting process.
Closing Date: 13 October 2022. You are advised to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time once we have received sufficient applications.
For the full job description, person specification and details of what we offer please refer to the candidate pack here:
Cancer Research Horizons is the newly established in-house CRUK drug discovery and commercialisation unit, with a principal focus on establishing and prosecuting biologically themed multi-project alliances with industrial partners. Cancer Research Horizons is home to over 200 drug discovery scientists and is based on several sites across the UK.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Head of Facilities to join Cancer Research Horizons.
You will be responsible for the management of laboratory and office infrastructure and operations for Cancer Research Horizons Therapeutic Innovation (TI), working closely with staff across core sites in Cambridge, Glasgow and London. You will have overall accountability for liaising with support functions within CRUK including Purchasing, Health and Safety, Finance and Facilities.
In addition, you will be responsible for negotiating and maintaining all agreements relating to the 5 core TI sites, acting as the key point of contact for landlords and relevant suppliers. In addition, you will be accountable for the infrastructure across sites including laboratories and offices, equipment purchases and maintenance, and centralised outsourcing.
We are looking for someone with a proven background in laboratory and asset management.
The post holder will be expected to be travel to TI sites in Cambridge on a regular basis (minimum of 3 days a week at sites) but there will be flexibility to work remotely. Periodic travel will be required to other TI and CRUK sites outside of Cambridge.
What will I be doing?
- Co-ordinating capital expenditure and asset management for TI, including working with individual teams to refine requirements, negotiate contacts and oversee maintenance and replacement schedules
- Managing all agreements relating to TI’s core sites including but not limited to: lease agreements, service agreements and maintenance contracts
- Working with key individuals to facilitate the efficient, effective and safe running of all TI core sites
- Acting as key point of contact for CRUK operational/facilities services, specifically: Finance, Procurement, Health and Safety, and Property Services
- Overseeing TI headcount and site capacity
- Ensuring cooperation and compliance with key operational policies and procedures across TI, whilst making or suggesting improvements to these where relevant, to maintain effective ways of working
Who are we looking for?
- You have managed and/or negotiated high value agreements
- You have experience working in a lab-based environment
- You have worked in facilities management or equivalent (although this isn’t essential)
- You engage with confidence and build trusting relationships
- You are a problem solver with the ability to identify and seek resolution of for complex issues
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across channels with a wide-ranging audience
- You are highly organised with the ability to manage conflicting priorities, working under pressure and to tight timescales
What will I gain?
Without you we wouldn’t be able to achieve our aim of seeing 3 in 4 people survive cancer by 2034. So, we want to reward you in as many ways as possible. Our benefits package includes discounts on anything from travel to technology, generous holiday allowance, and much more. We want to ensure that you have the best work/life balance possible, so we actively encourage a flexible working culture for all our roles wherever possible. You’ll also be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities. And ultimately, you’ll know that you’ll be changing lives through your work.
If this sounds like you then we are keen to hear from you! If you can demonstrate the above and want to make an impact, then we’d love to have you join the team.
At CRUK we value diversity and we’re committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to beat cancer sooner. Unfortunately we are unable to recruit anyone below the age of 18, so that we can protect young people from health & safety and safeguarding risks. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview (such as, but not limited to: information in a different format, more time for an assessment, a virtual/F2F interview) please contact us on [email protected]