Website Cadent Gas Limited
This listing is about Cadent Gas Limited in Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Civil and Geotech Engineer
Contract type: Permanent
Salary min – £32,236.00 + excellent benefits
Location: Hinckley- Leicestershire (but can be flexible)
Here at Cadent we’ve been quietly, conscientiously and confidently keeping the nation safe and warm. Our gas network connects and keeps the energy flowing to over 12 million homes and business across the UK. Reliable, inventive and trusted by our customers, we aim to always deliver, constantly delight and never knowingly disappoint.
We aim to do the same for you too. Hard work, ambition and talent are recognised and rewarded here. Supporting each other to succeed, we’re excited by future possibilities and driven by the opportunity to grow, innovate and create better, safer tomorrows, today. With us you’ll experience a career with real purpose and realistic progression that will make you feel genuinely proud about what you do.
About the role
Provide support to the Senior Civil and Geotechnical Engineer, in management of civil, structural and geotechnical engineering activities and to assist in resolving related technical issues affecting Cadent assets.
Your day to day duties will include (but not be limited to)
- Provide technical knowledge and guidance to Operations, the Plant Protection Team and Engineering Teams on pipeline integrity issues subject to ground movement, geohazards, vibrations, external loading and third party interference, to allow the safe operation of pipeline networks and associated assets.
- Carry out simple technical assessment / appraisal of civil and geotechnical engineering work associated with maintenance, modifications and protection of Cadent’s assets to ensure the work comply with external legislative and internal policy requirements.
- Liaise with external TCS Consultants in resolving complex pipeline integrity issues subject to ground movement, geohazards, vibrations, external loading and third party interference, to allow the safe operation of pipeline networks and associated assets.
- Assist in the revision and development, and support implementation, of engineering standards, and risk assessment for the nominated engineering area, to fulfil statutory, license and regulatory obligations with business objectives.
- Engineering knowledge and experience, in particular civil, structural and geotechnical engineering issues affecting pipeline networks and associated assets.
- Knowledge of practices for compliance with Cadent’s policies and procedures, in particular engineering requirements and HSE requirements; or demonstrate ability to assimilate and develop understanding of engineering policies and procedures and requirements in a similar discipline.
- Knowledge of relevant UK engineering standards or demonstrate ability to assimilate and develop understanding of industry standards in a similar discipline.
- Basic knowledge on pipeline design, construction and maintenance issues.
- Construction site experience desirable.
- Recognised engineering or technical qualification (ideally degree level).
- Minimum 4 years relevant technical knowledge and experience in subject area
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Working towards Chartered Engineer, member of appropriate engineering institution (e.g. ICE, IGEM, IMechE)
When you’re responsible for some of the most challenging and vital work around, it’s only right that you receive some of the best rewards and benefits around too. With us, you can expect in addition to your salary: a performance bonus, additional pay for overtime, onerous hours and standby duties, 33 days holiday, entitlement to company sick pay, access to our flexible benefits scheme, a generous company pension scheme of up to 12% company contributions along with several other enhanced benefit packages.
Diversity and Inclusion
Cadent has a commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, the more diverse our organisation is, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our communities in all their diversity. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
We want our employees to achieve a work life balance and are happy to discuss flexible working options with you if the role can accommodate it.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know. We’re committed to be Disability Confident in line with the department of work and pensions scheme.
Be part of something big, help shape the future of gas for generations to come
Company: Cadent Gas Limited
Job Location: Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com