This listing is about Bupa in Salford Quays, England, United Kingdom
About the job
IT Specialist – Reporting and Developer
Salford, London or Staines with hybrid flexi working
Permanent, Full time 37.5 hrs/pwk
Salary £70,000 – £83,000 depending on location + benefits and 10% mgmt. bonus
Closing date: Monday 31st Jan 2022
At the moment we are running a hybrid working program and have flexibility with office and home working, as we transition back in the office environment, but need to be within distance of the Salford, London or Staines office to come in as and when required.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Are you a strong IT Specialist advanced with SQL and developing finance reporting systems who enjoys problem solving and finding the best IT solutions?
The Product Delivery team has responsibility across all financial and commercial functions across the BGUK market unit. Whilst the responsibility primarily covers the UKI regulated insurance business, it also encompasses Bupa Global and the other provisioning businesses, i.e. Care Homes and Richmond Villages. This role performs a key critical control to ensure that financial and customer data is kept secure as well as ensuring customer data is continually protected in line with regular system updates.
The role requires adherence to strict externally supplied deadlines in an environment of high governance and control both within the Bupa framework and with the external regulators. This requires leading the development and support of complex I.T. solutions and providing accurate data sets to a number of stakeholders. Due to the complex nature of the role and the high level of regulation and scrutiny by external auditors this role requires both a high level of technical knowledge and a wide range of operational experience.
The role needs to ensure that BGUKMU is compliant with IFRSs, local internal & external finance reporting requirements whilst being a primary contact for liaising with finance business partners, internal and external auditors on any data issues which are impacting UKI and BINS reporting.
- Responsible for developing the Finance I.T. solutions that provide data to deliver monthly financial results for the UK Funding business. Results are delivered to the Customer FD and consolidated into the overall UK MU and Group results within strict deadlines and subject to external audit and regulatory governance.
- Responsible for Finance I.T. solutions that provide data to deliver quarterly financial and regulatory results for the UK Funding business. Results are delivered to the UKI FD and consolidated into the overall UK MU and Group results within strict deadlines.
- Development and support of Finance I.T. solutions that provide data to deliver monthly and quarterly financial and regulatory results for other provisioning businesses. This incorporates internal and external audit data requests.
- Primary contact for External & Internal Audit data explanations and documentation of processes.
- Responsibility for maintaining I.T. environments ensuring compliance with Bupa I.T. standards and practises.
- Primary contact for liasing with IT teams across the whole Market Unit.
- Continuous awareness of complex and new transactions to ensure compliance with regulatory and statutory obligations including coordination with experts including external audit, legal, property and tax teams.
- Continuous awareness of GDPR and data retention policies to ensure Bupa are compliant with the Data Protection Act.
- Oversee the development and continuous improvement of technical solutions. In general lead a relentless focus on process improvement across all areas of the team. Seek opportunities to further automate as appropriate.
- Primary contact for data issues, queries and investigations for Commercial Finance, Operational Finance, Sales, Audit.
- Control of source code across multiple systems.
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation of I.T. solutions to streamline Financial Reconciliations, Reporting and Audit.
- Responsible for maintaining a backlog of requests for new work items, prioritisation of work items and Release Management
- Documentation of Finance I.T. landscape highlighting dependencies and data flows across systems
- Responsible for provision and accuracy of data for a suite of automated and ‘self serve’ Cognos reports across multiple Business areas
- Responsible for provision and accuracy of data for a suite of SSAS cubes across multiple Business areas
- Primary contact for advice on Finance I.T. Development and provision of data
- Robust support and technical analysis of deployed I.T. solutions to assist internal & external auditors.
- Peer review new Development by other members of the team including advice on development approach
- Continuous awareness of new technology and technology upgrades that may require some processes to be re-engineered
Liaise And Collaborate With
- Deliver Reporting direct to the needs of the UKI Finance Business Partners of each of the segments/companies that make up the UK Funding business. Continuous liaison with Finance Business Partners on all matters of data and reporting.
- Responsible and key contact for data provision for the half year and year end statutory audits for the UK Funding businesses with external auditors. Working directly with external auditors to elicit process flows and Business calculations
- Engage with Database Administrators on complex issues regarding database performance, storage requirements, archiving strategy, backup requirements
- Engage with I.T. Support for Release Management and Deployments. Provide assistance where necessary to support daily batch of automated jobs
- Attendance at monthly sprint planning sessions, working with the Technical Product Owner to review the backlog and prioritise new development
- Engage with Finance Business Partners, Actuarial, Sales to ensure their reporting needs are satisfied to deliver regulatory and operational reporting in line with regulatory requirements
- Work with the Technical Product Owner to ensure control over the monthly reporting and planning processes.
- Lead role as part of the Market Unit wider Finance team to support Technical Product Owner, share ideas and to provide generic problem solving as required.
- Project leadership of a wide ranging team of Finance and I.T. professionals and development of trainees
- Sharing best practice initiative
- Coaching the team to ensure I.T. skills, governance, standards and technical knowledge is up to date and relevant to UKI Finance requirements
- Ensure continual development of colleagues, helping them to manage their workload and empowering them to make decisions while maintaining the appropriate level of review
- To independently guide, challenge and support customers in BINS in all technical matters from the inception of a project to its delivery in BAU.
- To influence the design and approach in all technical matters, engaging with Project Stakeholders to convey the approach
Qualifications, Skills And Experience
- Strong Business Analysis skills – 10 years+ experience
- IT Technical background
- Strong RDBMS, SQL Server (T-SQL) & Oracle (PL-SQL) are a must for this role
- SDLC experience delivering projects from inception to BAU
- Development Leadership skills
- Confidence to influence design and approach with senior colleagues
- Engagement with Stakeholders, including Executive level
- Database Tuning and performance
- Data Modelling and database design (transactional schemas and star schemas)
- SSIS, SSAS, SSRS Development
- Knowledge of Source Control principals
- C# and VBA programming
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies quickly
- Fault resolution
- Data Migration
- Knowledge of Peoplesoft
- Understanding of TWS / Batch processing
- Solid understanding of API concepts
- Managed backlogs / user stories / requirements capture and documentation
- Ability to meet internally and externally provided deadlines is critical
- Significant experience of developing robust, efficient solutions
- Analytical and numerate with good systems knowledge is essential
- Thorough understanding of PMI
- Excellent commercial acumen coupled with strong technical finance skills
- Ability to work alone, self motivated but also good team player
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills. Confident to liaise directly with Technical staff or Directors across all structures on complex transactions
- Ability to champion continuous improvement and Customer focus
- Well organised, flexible and adaptable with excellent Influencing Skills
- Flexible, objective and pragmatic. Able to work under significant pressure and intensity – handling multiple conflicts of interest and priorities and capable of providing insightful and balanced views
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills. Emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes through consultation and conciliation whilst equally being confident and robust enough to challenge technical and senior colleagues where appropriate.
- Objective, analytical and lateral thinking with a ‘can-do’ attitude with the ability to summarise and communicate complicated technical issues
- Ability to work with 3rd parties and form strong Business relationships
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
You’ll Be Eligible For
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically.
- 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan, life insurance and income protection
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Onsite gyms or local discounts where no onsite gym available
- Various family friendly benefits
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in.
Job Posting End Date
Job Location: Salford Quays, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A