This Job Listing is about BT in Birmingham,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
We’ve got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you’re welcome at BT, we really mean it.
About This Role
Not many call centre agents can say they save lives, but in BT 999 Voice Services we do, every single day. This is a brilliant opportunity to join us in a rewarding role that makes a difference, as a 999 Customer Advisor you will be responsible for taking 999 calls from people in distress and routing them to the right emergency service.
It’s not an easy job. There, we said it. Because of circumstances, people dialling 999 may be unable to speak to the advisor. You will need to distinguish what’s really happening on the other end of the line. You might speak to a little child calling because Mummy has fallen down – or maybe it’s someone who is being mugged and has had their mobile snatched away as soon as they have dialled 999.
We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. This role is working a night shift rotation between the hours of 20.00pm – 08.00am ( 4 days on and 3 days off ), including weekends and bank holidays. Due to the nature of this role, the postion is office based.Still interested? Please read on….
You’ll Have The Following Skills & Experience
- Able to communicate in a clear and concise manner over the phone
- Able to keep clam, cope and bounce back in challenging situations
- Able to think quickly in stressful situations
- Genuinely motivated to help people
- Able to demonstrate compassion and empathy to all callers, no matter what the situation
Although no previous experience is required, if you have worked in retail, hospitality or customer service before this could be a great next step in your career.
We’ll give you all the training you need. When you start you’ll get 10 days training on our systems, processes and services, and handling real customer calls. You’ll have people around you to support you, regular coaching and training updates to make sure you’re always at the top of your game.
- £21,582 salary
- Generous discounts on broadband
- BT TV, BT Sport and Now TV for £5
- 50% off mobile packages and handsets for you, your friends and family
- 22 days’ paid holidays
- Incentives and recognition for your performance
- Full training, ongoing coaching and support
- Employee rewards hub saving you £££ on products/services you normally buy
- Great pension (up to 9% employer contributions) and share schemes
- Opportunities to progress your career across the business
- Paid days off to volunteer with charities or causes important to you
- Job satisfaction; knowing you’re helping the country stay connected
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do – and in the people who work here.
We’re now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we’re on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it’s like to work at BT
How To Apply
It’s easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don’t worry if you need to make changes – you’ll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-West Midlands-Birmingham
Oct 23, 2022, 11:59:00 PM