This Job Listing is about BQ in Southampton,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Retail Finance Analyst
14 Month Fixed Term Contract
£40,000 – £55,000 per annum + Bonus + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday
Southampton, Store Support Office / Hybrid Working
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Retail Finance Analyst and you’ll be a big part of this.
At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in how we work. For this role we expect you’ll be working from our Store Support Office 3 days a week.
What’s the job?
As a Retail Finance Analyst, you’ll be working within the Retail & Property Finance team to provide insight to the various business stakeholders, with a focus on supporting the business by partnering Stores (North), Tradepoint, Store Staff costs and Stockloss.
- Finance contact for the business in the key areas of Store Performance (North) & TradePoint. This includes providing comprehensive analysis and insight on key drivers along with hosting regular meetings with the department directors and heads, attending functional team meetings and delivering finance updates.
- Monitoring, forecasting and rationalising Store Staff costs and Store stock loss. This includes understanding performance drivers, highlighting potential risks in the balance of year, and providing clear communication on the status to management.
- End to end support of business investments and new propositions, including financial appraisals of business cases for investments through to rationalising and tracking benefits.
- Delivery of finance agenda of the mentioned areas including providing commentary for Board Packs, Full Year Outlooks / Forecasts, in addition to helping the business deliver Budget and Long Term Plan.
- Influence and challenge stakeholders to define, prioritise and action the opportunities or risks within the cost base
- Communicating and influencing budget holders, which include Board Directors and senior leadership team.
What we need:
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified accountant
- Business Partnering experience is preferable
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- Strong team player.
- Flexible and deadline-orientated, able to work under pressure and prioritise workload accordingly.
- Good working knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels.
What’s in it for me?
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, bonus, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
As part of a great team, you’ll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you’ll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you’ll do work worth caring about.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
Find out more about us, including the benefits we offer and our community, sustainability and inclusion projects at bandqcareers.com If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at [email protected]