Website Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games
This listing is about Birmingham Commonwealth Games in Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Closing Date: 09/02/2022
Want to be part of the biggest celebration of sport and culture in 2022?
Birmingham 2022 is seeking an experienced Communications Manager to help develop and maintain positive relationships with the media, which will be critical to Birmingham 2022’s success.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working to develop and implement integrated communications plans that engage the media, public, and stakeholder audiences, helping us to achieve our strategic goals through integrated, creative, and bespoke campaign development and implementation.
This role will work closely with the Head of Communications to deliver public relations activities driven by the Organising Committee. You will work closely with Games partners such as Birmingham City Council, the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, the Commonwealth Games Federation and West Midlands Combined Authority.
- Working with the Head of Communications you will develop and deliver a comprehensive communications programme spanning the multiple campaign aspects of Birmingham 2022.
- Responsible for building relationships with key national and international media, taking the lead on identifying proactive opportunities to promote the Games and managing reactive media enquiries.
- Create and deliver strategies for effective engagement with the diverse stakeholder groups involved with the Games, including the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, the Commonwealth Games Federation, local authorities and other key partners.
- Work with and manage creative agencies – including PR and events suppliers – to meet the needs of Birmingham 2022 when delivering communication campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with other functional areas to build bespoke communications projects and integrated campaigns as required.
- Build strong stakeholder relationships with various stakeholders, helping them to access the support needed from the wider Communications team, providing counsel and working with them collaboratively to ensure best practice.
Please see the job description for a full breakdown of the position responsibilities.
Skills and Experience
- Proven track record in planning and delivering highly creative, innovative, public-facing communication platforms to showcase major projects.
- Extensive experience of dealing with the media, managing proactive and reactive media campaigns.
- Experience in media and public relations in a busy, proactive press office or complex organisation.
- Demonstrates a wealth of relevant experience in development of integrated communications strategies, tools and tactics.
- Proven track record in developing and delivering integrated communication plans and campaigns.
- First class communication skills with proven ability to communicate a consistent brand narrative through all communications channels.
Why You Should Work For The Games
Joining the Games team will provide you with a unique once in a lifetime opportunity to gain new skills and make new connections. After the Games, we will assist you with finding new opportunities via our outplacement programme, designed to support you in the next chapter of your career.
Start date: ASAP
Contract: Fixed-term contract until August 2022
Location: One Brindley Place, Birmingham (full time office-based)
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 per annum
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We have received the Leaders in Diversity award through the National Centre for Diversity. The principles “FREDIE” (Fairness – Respect – Equality – Diversity – Inclusion and Engagement) support our aim of delivering a truly inclusive and accessible games.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a single document containing your CV and Covering Letter. Please also submit your disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
Company: Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games
Job Location: Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com