Website Bield Housing & Care
This listing is about Bield Housing Care in Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
About the job
Bield is one of the largest providers of housing and support services to older people in Scotland.
Bield aspires to be an employer of choice and we value kindness, above all. At Bield, you will have a unique opportunity to have a positive impact on the lives of older people in Scotland and as HR Partner will have the opportunity to shape our services and people strategy.
About the Role
Working closely with our managers and HR colleagues you will have the opportunity to develop and embed the newly created HR Partner role within a business area. This is a true generalist role which will be varied and often hands-on, asking you to build trusting relationships with colleagues, to provide advice and guidance about best practice HR activities and to work with others build their people management capability. You will also have responsibility across a range of HR Activities including case management and people related projects such as workforce planning, recruitment and retention, reward, health and wellbeing and employee engagement.
Alongside this you will manage and develop the HR Advisor associated with your business area,
working closely with them to ensure delivery of high quality HR Services to the business.
We are flexible about working locations, with the ability to work remotely and from our office
locations in Edinburgh and Glasgow. The role will require travel to our office locations and
sometimes to our services across Scotland and for this reason a full UK driving licence is desirable.
Salary: £33, 251 to £35,701
You will be an experienced HR generalist with significant employee relations experience and
demonstrable knowledge of current employment legislation. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to liaise with a wide range of people, providing clear risk based advice guidance and support to aid the resolution of HR issues. You will be familiar with preparing and interpreting management information and have strong written communication skills. You will be able to demonstrate your suitability for the role through recent employment responsibilities and achievements and associate membership of CIPD. We would be really interested in hearing from applicants keen and ready to take the next step in their HR Career.
Our benefits include:
Excellent holidays of up to 34 days per year (pro rata for part time employees)
Opportunities to receive support and funding for vocational qualifications
Great learning and development opportunities
Enhanced and paternity maternity pay
Employee assistance programme
Option to buy or sell holidays each year
Long Service Awards
Cycle to Work Scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
To apply, visit https://jobs.bield.co.uk. If you’d like further information, you can call the HR team on 0131 273 4020. If you require this information in an alternative format, please call the HR team or email us on [email protected]
• To act as an HR Business Partner (HRBP) working with teams, line managers and key
stakeholders to help build organisation and people capability, and shape and implement
effective people strategies and activities within Bield.
• To act as the point of people expertise for your area of the business and also be the people
expert implementing specific workstreams of the People Strategy.
• To have an excellent understanding of Bield, its corporate objectives and customers, and a
good understanding of the people challenges faced by the organisation to help shape positive
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
1. Working closely with the HR and OD team, line managers and teams you will help to build their people capability, plan and manage talent and develop approaches that achieve shared
2. Meeting with line managers and key stakeholders to discuss current or recurring people
challenges and developing and deploying expertise and advice that helps shape positive
change in people-based solutions.
3. To manage and develop the HR Advisor to ensure delivery of customer focussed, consistent
and professional HR Services at each stage of employee journey.
4. Provide advice and guidance on people practices at each stage of employee journey,
promoting fairness and consistency of approach.
5. Provide advice to managers on transformational change management initiatives and provide
support, advice and guidance on people related projects such as workforce planning (including
job role design, job evaluation, redundancy, outplacement etc), recruitment, selection and
retention, performance management, organisational design and succession planning, health
and wellbeing and learning and development.
6. Bringing people expertise and developing solutions to support HR to deliver the People
7. Influencing and building relationships with people around the organisation to support the
achievement of our People Strategy aims and objectives.
8. Acting as a local point of people expertise for teams that are implementing new people
9. Questioning and challenging others to get to the root of people and organisation issues which may be a barrier to the implementation of the People Strategy.
10. Coaching and providing feedback to key stakeholders to help improve business efficiency.
11. To provide accurate management information and contextual information to identify and
address people issues across the business.
1. To participate in joint meetings with staff representatives by leading on agenda items in
relation to specific workstreams of the People Strategy at the Employee Forum and
Operational Forum and leading working groups as required.
2. Through working collaboratively within the HR Partnering Team, ensure that people focussed
solutions are consistent and timely in application and comply with procedure, requirements of
regulatory bodies and legislation.
3. Though coaching and providing feedback, seek out and offer support within the HR Partnering
Team in their day-to-day management of complex people issues, therefore developing and
deploying expertise that helps shape positive change in people-based solutions.
4. To ensure that the HR Service promotes health and well-being approaches that will improve
HR Service – Systems, Data, Information and Administration
1. To ensure that people information and data is handled securely in relation to activities of the
HR Partnering Team.
2. Ensuring that human resources administration (and related advice and guidance) is completed
accurately, effectively and efficiently and that personnel records for employees and casual
workers (manual and computerised) are effectively maintained and comply with the
requirements of the Data Protection Act.
3. Ensuring that documentation is developed to support operational use of system, workflow and security management and future changes/development of system. This includes ensuring that any changes to the structure of the system are documented, audit reports and house-keeping tasks are routinely conducted and that the HR team are appropriately trained.
4. Ensuring that line managers and employees are aware of using People Manager and Employee Access and are trained appropriately by agreement with Learning and Development.
HR Practice, Policy and Procedure
1. To ensure knowledge, skills and practice within areas of responsibility are up to date and
2. To advise on, and support managers in the application of Bield’s HR policies and procedures as appropriate.
3. To ensure that internal HR procedures and processes are fully documented and are reviewed,
updated and developed with the aim of improving effectiveness and efficiency where
4. To contribute to policy development and to lead, where appropriate, on other initiatives to
support the achievement of best practice.
Health and Safety and Equality and Diversity
1. Ensure adherence to relevant policies, procedures, regulations and legislation relating to
health and safety and equality and diversity.
2. Ensure you understand your responsibilities for Health and Safety at work. Undertake regular
monitoring to ensure that Health and Safety Policies and Procedures are adhered to, taking
prompt corrective action to address and resolve issues identified.
3. Ensure you operate with an awareness of inclusiveness, equality and diversity in all areas of
• As a member of the HR Partnering Team you should set the tone for ethical practice and
behaviour within the organisation. Your behaviour is a role model to those who work in the
function, to other colleagues in Bield, and employees.
• Behaviour will also affect relationships and you will be aware of personal style and understand
how this affects individuals and groups in coping with pressure, setbacks and stress, and in
developing coping strategies.
• Be a role model, showing enthusiastic, determined, positive, robust and resilient support with
an ability to inspire confidence and respect and exemplify high standards of conduct.
• Provide clear, authoritative and impartial professional advice and objective analysis and
interpretation of complex situations – as appropriate to the role.
• Adopt a flexible support style, able to move through visioning to implementation, through
collaboration/ consultation to challenge as appropriate and able to give and receive
• Contribute to the preparation of reports/presentations on behalf of the team, as required.
• Demonstrate strength of resolve to insist on operational improvements when standards are
slipping and to hold people to account for what they agree to deliver.
• Ability to negotiate in a positive manner and handle problem resolution activities proactively.
• Conflict management.
• Active listening skills targeted at dealing with people issues and those of the HR Parterning
• A close working relationship with colleagues is critical.
Company: Bield Housing & Care
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A