Website Beam Suntory
This listing is about Beam Suntory in Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
About the job
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world’s third largest leading premium spirits company … where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets – our premium spirits and our people – we’re driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Centre of Excellence Manager, Customer Fulfilment
The following position is open in Scotland, United Kingdom.
What makes this a great opportunity?
As a world leader in premium spirits, Beam Suntory inspires human connections. Consumers from all corners of the globe call for the company’s brands, including the iconic Jim Beam and Maker’s Mark Bourbon brands, Suntory Whisky Kakubin and Courvoisier Cognac, as well as world renowned premium brands including Knob Creek, Basil Hayden’s and Legent Bourbon; Yamazaki, Hakushu, Hibiki and Toki Japanese Whisky; Teacher’s, Laphroaig and Bowmore Scotch Whisky; Canadian Club Whisky; Hornitos and Sauza Tequila; EFFEN, Haku and Pinnacle Vodka; and Sipsmith and Roku Gin.
Beam Suntory was created in 2014 by combining the world leader in bourbon and the pioneer in Japanese whisky to form a new company with a deep heritage, passion for quality, innovative spirit and vision of Growing for Good. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, Beam Suntory is a subsidiary of Suntory Holdings Limited of Japan. Our culture is anchored deeply in a set of core values, including our East-Meets-West Culture, Yatte Minahare spirit, Giving Back to Society, Delighting Consumers, responsibly and Embracing Diversity & Inclusion.
Beam Suntory has committed to a global CoE approach for Fulfilment to drive and embed continuous improvement journey across International and NA Regions. Fulfilment includes the areas of Warehousing, Transportation, Supply Planning, e-commerce, Customer Service and Brand Protection. Building the CoE will require to establish a closer functional governance to ensure standardization of processes, WoW and tools as well as adoption of best practices and development of capabilities. Given the global responsibility of the CoE Mgr, Customer Fulfilment to, jointly with Regional and local BU/Market Customer Service Leads, and working in close coordination with the overall CoE Fulfilment Program Mgr, manage the multi-year business transformation program, this CoE Mgr, Customer Fulfilment is essential to create the roadmap and manage the integration of the cross-functional projects across a multi-year time horizon from establishing the foundational capabilities to continuous improvement to sustaining Integrated best practices using our Lean program methodology (TRACC).
The CoE Manager, Customer Fulfilment, must have demonstrated experience in managing Customer Service teams as well as in managing large-scale, global business transformation programs and relevant experience in Project Management, Lean Management methodology (TRACC or similar), and Kaizen continuous improvement.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Customer Service Transformation Roadmap: in close coordination with Functional Leads and SMEs from both International and NA Region and the overall CoE Fulfilment Program Mgr, this person will lead the development and annual refresh of the transformation roadmap according to an already established PMO methodology and in collaboration with other functions such as IT, Ops Finance, Quality, Manufacturing, and Global S&OP. The roadmap will document the project initiatives required to achieve the goals defined for the transformation program. These projects will encompass:
- Drive Process improvements in the areas of Automation of Order Mgmt and overall OTC efficiencies, documenting and rolling out best practices to ensure adoption and consistency.
- Supply Chain Customer Collaboration, aimed to build a consistent framework of SC collaboration with key retailers and key 3P Distributor partners
- Systems functionality improvements, driven by the process design and knowledge of advancements in digital technology and automation
- Organization change management defining new ways of working and talent development & training based on the implementation of process and system improvements fueled through TRACC methodology
- Coordination of Program Management & Execution: Collaborate with the various Functional Leaders at all levels within Customer Service to drive the required initiatives in full compliance with the PMO standards, including regular status update, log of key decisions and action items, risk register. Lead the regular Global Fulfilment PMO updates to focus attention on outstanding action items, upcoming decisions & actions and emerging risks that require mitigation. It is the responsibility of this position to focus leadership on areas that require attention to avoid project delays or projects not delivering against expectations. Manage the communications between the Global Fulfilment CoE and key stakeholders regarding program updates. Prepare the agenda and materials for the regular Reg. Fulfilment and Customer Service leadership teams meetings specific to the Global transformation roadmap.
- Program Management Office: In close collaboration with International Functional Lead for Logistics & PMO, establish the PMO framework and practices relevant to the CoE development. Continue to improve the PMO framework based on feedback and the evolving needs of the Global S&OP transformation roadmap. Continue to seek and apply improved practices.
- CoE Customer Fulfilment Governance Model: Manage the preparation of the steering committee decks and updates in collaboration with the overall CoE Fulfilment Program Mgr.
- Global CoE Fulfilment Program Mgr
- Regional, BU and Market Customer Service teams in both International, NA and APAC
- Regional/BU/Market SC leaders
- Logistics & PMO CoE
- IT leadership – Supply Chain, Finance and Commercial Sales/Marketing
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in managing business transformation programs within Lean Mgmt methodology (TRACC or similar) as well as managing Customer Service function.
- Demonstrated experience in managing SC Customer Collaboration programs
- PMO certification or at least demonstrated experience in managing projects
- Solid understanding in key areas of Supply Chain, including Logistics, Supply Planning, apart from deep expertise in Customer Service.
- Experience with Organization Change Management
- Demonstrated focus on team goals vs individual accomplishments – “we over me”
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly collaborative and development of business partnerships
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Highly effective conflict resolution
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional facilitation skills
- Highly structured and organized approach to deliver on business commitments
- Advanced skills in PowerPoint and Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree with preference towards Supply Chain
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant’s skills and experience.
Company: Beam Suntory
Job Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com